Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Here We Come!

Nova Scotia Here We Come!

Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nova Scotia Here We Come!

Actually the family all died. It was even the more tragic as their son was killed in an accident a year earlier.
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

little flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by midgetgem
We are hoping to be over within the next six months and was just looking to start chatting to anyone else already there. We are probably going to Truro. Would be great hearing from anyone else local.
Hi We are moving to NS in August 08
We hope to go in the next 6weeks to look at houses and schools.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Old May 3rd 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by little flower
GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Not long to go then! where abouts are you going to?
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Soon fly by... Good luck and where abouts
Old May 4th 2008, 7:37 am
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough

We are hoping to be over within the next six months and was just looking to start chatting to anyone else already there. We are probably going to Truro. Would be great hearing from anyone else local.
Hi midgetgem
Welcome to NS.......or should that be 'Little Britain' ??? We've been in NS just under 2 years and still like it here. You'll have a lot to get used to but it's all done at a slower pace .....and that can be both, good and bad. We're based in the 'Valley' these days but know Truro from a few visits, as our first NS property was only a 45 min drive away. Hope you enjoy your new life !!!
Old May 4th 2008, 8:05 am
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi and welcome

We too are another family looking to move to NS asap! we are over on our first recce trip for jobs etc in a couple of weeks!
Hi nikki dreaming
Where in NS is your recce going to take you then? Aiming at any particular areas or ....... Wherever you go, you will enjoy it. Weather is about to get its act together , friendly people and empty roads..........oh....and check that BLUE sky !!! Enjoy !
Old May 4th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

little flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant futurelittle flower has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
Not long to go then! where abouts are you going to?
My husband has a job at Halifax Airport we are looking around Fall River area.
So much to do so little time to do it!! but so happy.
Our daughter will start scool in september.
Old May 4th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Soon fly by... Good luck and where abouts
Hi
we are looking around fall river. My hubby will be at Halifax Airport so we need to be in a 20 min area.
Our daughter will start school so thats the most important part for us.
Old May 4th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
we are looking around fall river. My hubby will be at Halifax Airport so we need to be in a 20 min area.
Our daughter will start school so thats the most important part for us.
Sure you will find something and settle well, be prepared traffic is nothing lke the UK I have yet to see traffic congestion although not saying it doesn't happen but even when I have driven to the airport (a few times) traffic has been ok
Old May 4th 2008, 11:10 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marathonwreck 2
Hi nikki dreaming
Where in NS is your recce going to take you then? Aiming at any particular areas or ....... Wherever you go, you will enjoy it. Weather is about to get its act together , friendly people and empty roads..........oh....and check that BLUE sky !!! Enjoy !
Hi Marathonwreck!

We are basing ourselves in the Northern Region around Truro as we are looking at the CI stream and Colchester RDA at the moment, although jobs/work will dictate so we will be doing lots of travelling all over to try and get a feel for NS as much as we .

Glad to hear the weather is starting to improve! can't wait to get over there!
Old May 6th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

midgetgem is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Nova Scotia Here We Come!

We are the same as you . When we do go we may end up living somewhere totally different than Truro. Will you let me know how you get on as it was just my husband who went over 6 weeks ago. Do you have young kids? Trying to find out what kind of things there are for a nearly 3 year old! Wee fella was soon to start nursery so I would have some light relief!!!!! But I believe it's quite different over there
Old May 6th 2008, 1:34 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the move I hope you find the right place for you??

x
Old May 6th 2008, 9:19 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

We are the same as you . When we do go we may end up living somewhere totally different than Truro. Will you let me know how you get on as it was just my husband who went over 6 weeks ago. Do you have young kids? Trying to find out what kind of things there are for a nearly 3 year old! Wee fella was soon to start nursery so I would have some light relief!!!!! But I believe it's quite different over there
Hi Midgetgem,

Will let you know how we get on!, we have children aged 5 and 16 months, so nursery/daycare options are important for us too, aswell as school for 5 yr .

Nikki