nova scotia

Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:00 am
Account Closed

andytaplin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nova scotia

we have been in nova scotia for nearly 2and half years now. we are moving back on the 22nd of january.

Why you may ask?

Well, i am not taken with this place at all, we live in a village near truro and what a weird place it is. i can not settle here at all, the place is full of rich arsehole familys who are scared of poeple know anything about anything.

we can over on the sponser process vai corda and i wish we never botherd, i gave up my high earning business in the uk for this place.

my wife cant get a job who got the sponser, and i couldnt get a job all last winter as well, plus no ei, my wife just got it after 8 weeks.

what corda dont tell you about this place is its all old money here, you either have it or dont, or most cases here born into it.

plus its full of poor educated idiots everywhere, who just dont want you to fit in, as a whole i cant wait to leave this place, i have no interest in it at all, and i heard of 4 other stories about uk people yesterday going home because they cant settle of no work or just crap jobs which are not worth getting out of bed.

anybody thinking of moving over from the uk anywhere around the truro area etc, dont bother, stay at home, its a waste of money and energy.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:21 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nova scotia

Well, all that's left to say is goodbye.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

I never came here to NS wearing rose tinted glasses. I appreciated that work would be difficult for me, if not impossible. Hence, I am self-sufficient. I don't think what you say about work is uncommon. People should realise before they move to this province that jobs are scarce and should come with that knowledge and have alternatives up their sleeve. As to people, well I can't really comment on that. Perhaps you have been unlucky. I have met some truly lovely people around here and I feel very blessed.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:04 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andytaplin
we have been in nova scotia for nearly 2and half years now. we are moving back on the 22nd of january.

Why you may ask?

Well, i am not taken with this place at all, we live in a village near truro and what a weird place it is. i can not settle here at all, the place is full of rich arsehole familys who are scared of poeple know anything about anything.

we can over on the sponser process vai corda and i wish we never botherd, i gave up my high earning business in the uk for this place.

my wife cant get a job who got the sponser, and i couldnt get a job all last winter as well, plus no ei, my wife just got it after 8 weeks.

what corda dont tell you about this place is its all old money here, you either have it or dont, or most cases here born into it.

plus its full of poor educated idiots everywhere, who just dont want you to fit in, as a whole i cant wait to leave this place, i have no interest in it at all, and i heard of 4 other stories about uk people yesterday going home because they cant settle of no work or just crap jobs which are not worth getting out of bed.

anybody thinking of moving over from the uk anywhere around the truro area etc, dont bother, stay at home, its a waste of money and energy.
After I managed to decipher you mostly unintelligible post and wondering if your first language is english all I can say is bye then. I'm sure life will go on without you.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like Canada has not been kind to you.

So much so, that you seem to have joined this forum purely to say how much you dislike it, as all your posts today have shown.

I had a wee look at the Corda website as I didn't have a clue what you meant, and it does seem to be "full of western promise", so to speak, so I can understand how dissapointed you must feel if it didn't fullfill your dreams.

What attracted you to NS in the first place?

After a recent roasting I got, I'm genuinely interested in hearing some realistic views from those who have tried, and decided it's not for them.

Hope everything goes better for you in the new year

Dave.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 9:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been happy in NS Andy, but wish you a successful return to the UK.

Could I please ask that you read the Newcomers to the Forum sticky thread (link in my signature), many thanks.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:09 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andytaplin

Why you may ask?

You are Oscar Wilde.... I claim my $5.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

We came through CoRDA too.

I don't think all woes can be pinned on them. My husband met several employers on our recces but as soon as we actually moved over none of them were interested! Can that really be blamed on CoRDA? I don't think so!

We wanted to be in the Truro area as we had made some lovely acquaintances which we were hoping to develop into friends. Sadly it wasn't to be the case. We decided before making the final move that although we wanted to be near Truro we also had to be realistic and decided to buy a house about half way between Halifax and Truro to cover as many work options as possible.

However by the time I arrived, 4 weeks after OH, he had found a job....in Yarmouth!!!! So we're down at the bottom of the Province where nobody goes!
It's 3 1/2 hours to Halifax and we as yet do not have any friends here so it can be pretty lonely!
I'm not sure what the future holds for us in this part of NS but one thing is sure for now, Canada suits me down to the ground and if there is a move in the future it won't be across the pond!

This is not to say that I totally disagree with the OP and wish him luck with his new life back in the UK
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you haven't had a good time but don't you think it may have been worth a move around NS or other parts of Canada?

Everyone is different but we love it where we are, the people we have made friends with and it hasn't been many have been great and made us very welcome into the community
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:03 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

It varies enormously in this province, 15 kilometers up the road from where we live now is enormously different to our area. Is it not worth it to check out a different part of Nova Scotia?

We too were sponsored by Corda but there was no work for us in that area and we now live between Halifax and Truro just outside of Colchester. We both work nearer to Halifax and the journey to and from home is ok.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

As the others have already said I cant understand why you would just give up now after making such an effort to get here. try another area, it may be that Truro just wasn't for you.
We are loving it here on the South Shore but if things didnt work out (which they will, I'm just saying 'if') we would be willing to try another area of NS or even a different Province before quitting so easily.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

Well Andy, it couldn't have been all that bad. You certainly have achieved a great deal since you got here:

http://www.theshorelinejournal.com/jul1017.pdf

I have also checked out your facebook page and you really have done some marvellous work.

Perhaps it's the time of the year but don't give it all up yet. I suggest there are more opportunities over here than you might have imagined. It might mean travelling a little further afield but I believe you wouldn't mind that.

I actually wanted to give a link to your facebook page but felt that might be out of place.

Best regards to you.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice

I think its a shame you are leaving without trying another province where you may be happier you spent a lot of time and money to get where you are canada is such a vast place just because you dont like it in nova scotia can you not look at other areas before you definatley decide to go whatever you decide i wish you well for the future
Old Dec 16th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

I actually had a similar conversation with my mum earlier today.

We live in a small town with truly friendly people. We are great friends with a large number of them, we both easily found decently paid jobs, not great pay but good enough, and love our life. We are truly at home here.

My comment to my mum was, had we bought a house that we looked at out in the boonies, things may well have turned out VERY differently, even though we would only have been about 5-10 miles away from here.

Just luck of the draw for each and every family that moves, and I hope the best for all
Old Dec 16th 2011, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
I actually had a similar conversation with my mum earlier today.

We live in a small town with truly friendly people. We are great friends with a large number of them, we both easily found decently paid jobs, not great pay but good enough, and love our life. We are truly at home here.

My comment to my mum was, had we bought a house that we looked at out in the boonies, things may well have turned out VERY differently, even though we would only have been about 5-10 miles away from here.

Just luck of the draw for each and every family that moves, and I hope the best for all
I've paid particular attention to your posts as I believe you are the closest BE to me (that posts on here I mean).
I heard that things weren't too good with the economy of Bridgetown. How is it really when you live there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.