Nova Scotia

Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

jules3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nova Scotia

Hi,

We will be emigrating next year. We are just trying to decide whereabouts in Nova Scotia would work for us. My husband will be looking for work in retail / fast food as a manager / district manager and I will be looking for works as a nurse and we have 3 young daughters. We want to be able to access the amenities that a large town / city has to offer but want to be far enough out to enjoy a more rural life style but again close enough to commute into work!
We have visited Nova Scotia and spent time in Halifax but haven't experienced any of the larger towns.

Any help would be useful!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Luckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by jules3
Hi,

We will be emigrating next year. We are just trying to decide whereabouts in Nova Scotia would work for us. My husband will be looking for work in retail / fast food as a manager / district manager and I will be looking for works as a nurse and we have 3 young daughters. We want to be able to access the amenities that a large town / city has to offer but want to be far enough out to enjoy a more rural life style but again close enough to commute into work!
We have visited Nova Scotia and spent time in Halifax but haven't experienced any of the larger towns.

Any help would be useful!
Not sure what your definition is of 'larger'? After Halifax/Dartmouth everywhere esle is pretty small in comparison. Best of luck any way in your future endeavours.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

andrewporter is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jules3;8076338]Hi,

Any help would be useful
hello I am a brit and we moved here from Venezuela ( married my wife there)
we live an hour away from Halifax and love it here,next to mahone bay on the South Shore. can advise you on all sorts of things if you like any help...andrew
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:57 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a nurse have a look at Truro. There is a new hospital being built there which may benefit you. It's about 60 miles from Halifax and has a good range of amenities. There are also several Brits around the area and most seem to be settling in quite well.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
If you are a nurse have a look at Truro. There is a new hospital being built there which may benefit you. It's about 60 miles from Halifax and has a good range of amenities. There are also several Brits around the area and most seem to be settling in quite well.

Thanks for that, I will take a look.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=andrewporter;8076445]
Originally Posted by jules3
Hi,

Any help would be useful
hello I am a brit and we moved here from Venezuela ( married my wife there)
we live an hour away from Halifax and love it here,next to mahone bay on the South Shore. can advise you on all sorts of things if you like any help...andrew
Thanks for your reply, I had a look on the map where you live, I think it will be too far away from a larger town / city for us for employment and for my girls to access gymnastics clubs etc. It's so hard trying to find the right place!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

scm1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nova Scotia

Hi Jules

We moved to Fall River this August, its a perfect distance from the Airport and Halifax and Dartmouth and its lovely here, there are quite alot of Brits here though. Schools are great and there's loads to do for the kids.

Good Luck

Sara
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:38 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

there are quite alot of Brits here though.

Not a good thing, eh? You sound like a NIMBY, lol.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:44 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest perhaps Truro too, huge new hospital being built, 1 hr from halifax, rural feel around the outskirts, but all the amenities you need.

Maybe worth a look
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jules..have a look at Bridgewater, it is quite a booming town. South Shore Regional Hospital is always looking for nurses. It also has alot of activities for kids and a new arena being built. Lots of lakes and many nice beaches all along the south shore.
good luck.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
there are quite alot of Brits here though.

Not a good thing, eh? You sound like a NIMBY, lol.
Whats a NIMBY ? Were also in Fall river and love it.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:59 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty boy
Whats a NIMBY ? Were also in Fall river and love it.
think auld yin is referring to " not in my back yard"
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would just say Hi... I also am a nurse currently looking for a job in nova scotia, I am trying to register with the Nova Scotia Nursing board at the moment, but everything just takes soooooo long! Keep us posted on how you are getting along and good luck....
Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

hobbitess is on a distinguished road

Hi Lorna,

let me know how you get on as I will be too, not sure about this exam though, I am a HV and not sure how it will apply to me!!!

Where you looking at settling?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

well.. at the moment, we are kind of stuck looking within commuting distance of halifax. Husband has had a few positive answers from architect firms in halifax. I have the book about sitting the NCLEX.. what a nightmare! It is quite different from the exams i sat so many years ago...lol. I have a potential job in a/e in halifax infirmary. Still just waiting on the NS nursing board getting back to me. Apparently the hospital are happy for me to work for 9 months as long as ns nursing board accept that I have the relevant recognised qualifications from the uk. Have posted all documents and paid the fee... but nothing as yet! After 9 months I have to sit the NCLEX.. think we get 2 shots at it! We are going for a visit in january.. can't wait. Will keep you posted on where we think is nice. Looking for a good place to bring up the kids! Think you will be okay looking for a HV type job. There seems to be a squillion health centres around. Good luck with your search and keep me posted. It is comforting to speak to someone else going through the same lengthy process......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.