Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Not been on here in ages

Not been on here in ages

Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Not been on here in ages

Just making a quick visit to see if everyone is behaving themselves
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:49 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not been on here in ages

I doubt it.... Welcome back....
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Thank you
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Some of you may recall (about 4 years ago now) that our daughter (now aged 18) was failed on her medical because she was on a course of growth hormone to improve her height. CIC then decided to ban her from entering Canada, even for holidays. This ban was then made lifelong, for some inexplicable reason and is still in force as far as I am aware.

Anyway, just to let you know my daughter has now finished her growth hormone treatment and now stands almost as tall as me (she is 5ft 7ins and still growing)
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:29 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gray C
Some of you may recall (about 4 years ago now) that our daughter (now aged 18) was failed on her medical because she was on a course of growth hormone to improve her height. CIC then decided to ban her from entering Canada, even for holidays. This ban was then made lifelong, for some inexplicable reason and is still in force as far as I am aware.

Anyway, just to let you know my daughter has now finished her growth hormone treatment and now stands almost as tall as me (she is 5ft 7ins and still growing)
Wow, was it that long ago! Nice to see you around, and glad to hear your daughters treatment was a complete success. CIC is totally bizarre sometimes. The ban is totally inexplicable
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Goodness me that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I am glad your daughter is well though.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I could probably write a book about it It got as far as our MP, an MP in Ontario, the Canadian Ambassador, the Foreign Secretary and the Canadian Prime Minister (thanks to Judy in Calgary), but none seem to have (or so they say) any power over CIC's decisions

It does not bother us now at all.........we just do not go to Canada, despite having relatives there, which is the only downside to this whole affair.

Last edited by Gray C; Jun 16th 2010 at 2:20 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 5:51 pm

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, yes I remember this, glad your daughter is fine and growing happily...
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:41 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow 5ft 7in - I am surprised that at only 5ft 1, little old me managed to get past Immigration. How strange

Anyway, welcome back
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

Wow that seems particularly harsh on the part of the Canadian government. I'm glad your daughter is doing well now too.

I wonder if their decision is in part due to some fear about possible risk associated with newvariant CJD. I know back in the 70s and 80s, they used extracted human growth hormones on kids in the UK from shady sources in Europe, and in more recent times there has been debate about potential nvCJD exposure to these recipients and then onwards from there, organ donors, surgical instruments etc.........
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:25 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lifeisajourney
Wow that seems particularly harsh on the part of the Canadian government. I'm glad your daughter is doing well now too.

I wonder if their decision is in part due to some fear about possible risk associated with newvariant CJD. I know back in the 70s and 80s, they used extracted human growth hormones on kids in the UK from shady sources in Europe, and in more recent times there has been debate about potential nvCJD exposure to these recipients and then onwards from there, organ donors, surgical instruments etc.........
No, it was rules dogmatically mis-applied, followed by a spiteful travel ban when questioned.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

So much for far fetched logic based on tangible extremely unlikely probability then!I can't believe they spitefully banned her from even travelling to Canada for a holiday. That's just plain childish.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lifeisajourney

I wonder if their decision is in part due to some fear about possible risk associated with newvariant CJD. I know back in the 70s and 80s, they used extracted human growth hormones on kids in the UK from shady sources in Europe,
As far as I know that was in the US, not the UK. And anyway, the problem was fixed in 1976 so I doubt it has anything to do with an 18 yr old Brit in 2010.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Alan2005
No, it was rules dogmatically mis-applied, followed by a spiteful travel ban when questioned.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:55 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, how tall was she when she started the treatments?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.