Reload this Page >

Not another shipping question?

Not another shipping question?

Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Haleian is on a distinguished road
Default Not another shipping question?

Hi,

I know I'm risking a hmmpphh in my direction for posting a question about shipping but here goes anyway...

My employer in Toronto has given me a choice of three shipping companies to use for our move to Canada in a few weeks. I've had a nosey around this site and the internet in general and have seen a mixture of good and bad for the options available but nothing that lines up one against the other. I appreciate that all experiences will differ but can anyone give me any pointers?

Choices are -

AMJ International
Brytor International
Movers International

Thanks.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not another shipping question?

Originally Posted by Haleian
Hi,

I know I'm risking a hmmpphh in my direction for posting a question about shipping but here goes anyway...

My employer in Toronto has given me a choice of three shipping companies to use for our move to Canada in a few weeks. I've had a nosey around this site and the internet in general and have seen a mixture of good and bad for the options available but nothing that lines up one against the other. I appreciate that all experiences will differ but can anyone give me any pointers?

Choices are -

AMJ International
Brytor International
Movers International

Thanks.
Never heard of any of them. I'd go with my gut feeling, give them a call and suss them out...
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

TravelBunny101 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea I've been doing research never heard of them either. My heads been swimming round about which couriers to use my stuff is mainly personal items cno furniture but so damn confused bout this whole export tax issue..urgh
Old Oct 14th 2012, 12:16 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go with Brytor. They were the receiving agent for our shipment.

Yes FL I am shameless
Old Oct 30th 2012, 5:04 am
Just Joined

davidgrey50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Movers International (now MI Group) is the Canadian end of GB Liners.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by davidgrey50
Movers International (now MI Group) is the Canadian end of GB Liners.
The MI group is just one company in Canada that GB Liners use. Brytor International Movers is another.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice

I work for TheMIGroup in Calgary. We actually relocate people, we're not a moving company. The office in Calgary has primarily oil and gas companies as clients.

We use AMJ Campbell as one of our removal companies, have never heard of Brytor.

Personally we used Doree Bonner when we moved over. Quite impressed with service took 6 weeks in total (packed up 2 weeks before we moved, shipment arrived 4 weeks after we did). 20ft container cost us approx 3500.00 GBP. Only 1 glass broken.

Good luck.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by KAT16
I work for TheMIGroup in Calgary. We actually relocate people, we're not a moving company. The office in Calgary has primarily oil and gas companies as clients.

We use AMJ Campbell as one of our removal companies, have never heard of Brytor.

Personally we used Doree Bonner when we moved over. Quite impressed with service took 6 weeks in total (packed up 2 weeks before we moved, shipment arrived 4 weeks after we did). 20ft container cost us approx 3500.00 GBP. Only 1 glass broken.

Good luck.
www.brytor.ca

Offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Vancouver. We also handle shipments from Doree Bonner, and relocation companies like yours, our work is mainly corporate moves. If you have time, look at the website. How long have you worked in relocation. I find it hard to believe you have never heard of one of Canada's biggest independent, international moving companies.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice

I've been with them for approx 7months (never done relocation in my life up until now). We have preferred suppliers (1 or 2 in Canada and 1 in the US) that our clients like us to use, this was in place, long before I joined the company. Brytor are not one of them. We place the order with one of our suppliers.

My answer was just to the OP know that the MIGroup are not a removals company.