Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Non residents of Canada - how much stuff can they bring across the border?

Non residents of Canada - how much stuff can they bring across the border?

Old Apr 11th 2022, 5:09 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non residents of Canada - how much stuff can they bring across the border?

A colleague told me that non-residents of Canada who cross from Canada into the US and back are not subject to the 24 / 48h restrictions over how much goods, alcohol etc. they can bring back into Canada.

I never like to rely on word of mouth for this kind of stuff without checking with the experts, especially when falling foul of the rules can have financial and other consequences

We have some family visiting this week and would like to cross into Buffalo for a few hours and do some shopping, ideally including alcohol, but if this turns out to be wrong then obviously the booze will be omitted from the shopping cart.

I've struggled to find anything on this on the official sites - can anyone confirm or deny if this is true please?

Last edited by crofty82; Apr 11th 2022 at 6:32 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2022, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non residents of Canada - how much stuff can they bring across the border?

Read the official CBSA website regarding visitors exemptions in the below link.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicat...2-1-1-eng.html

Read the Guidelines and General Info section in particular paras 1, 9, 12 to 23
Old Apr 24th 2022, 4:31 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non residents of Canada - how much stuff can they bring across the border?

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Read the official CBSA website regarding visitors exemptions in the below link.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicat...2-1-1-eng.html

Read the Guidelines and General Info section in particular paras 1, 9, 12 to 23
Thank you sir.