Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nice Living Areas in Toronto?

Nice Living Areas in Toronto?

Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice Living Areas in Toronto?

Originally Posted by clynnog
Now there is an interesting image of Young and Eligible. There is a good pub at the SE corner of Mount Pleasant/Eglinton (Granite) that has good hand pumped cask conditioned ales. The rest of the pubs are glorified places to facilitate the initiation of the exchange of body fluids later in the evening.
I was in the Granite in dubious company; a poster from Newcastle and one now living in Newfoundland. No bodily fluids were exchanged.

I quite liked the Rose and Crown, I used to go there when I had a, er, friend who lived on Roehampton (one block north and east). I believe it`s gone now though.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
I was in the Granite in dubious company; a poster from Newcastle and one now living in Newfoundland. No bodily fluids were exchanged.

I quite liked the Rose and Crown, I used to go there when I had a, er, friend who lived on Roehampton (one block north and east). I believe it`s gone now though.
I think I remember the Rose and Crown from when I was in my early 20's. The Granite is one of the few places in the area where bodily fluids are not exchanged.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
The Granite is one of the few places in the area where bodily fluids are not exchanged.
Well, there`s a lot of that in Toronto. Even that innocent looking building near us labelled The Barn and The Stables turned out not to be for equestrianism, I need not have carried a bridle.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:36 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

That's what you think. <spits in beer>
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Don't discount downtown as well as a place to live. If you have a car not so good perhaps, but if you're planning on relying on transit like many do, then it's fabulous. (Ben, who lives downtown with a fabulous view over the lake.)
You must be somewhere near us then.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You must be somewhere near us then.
and me! Fabulous view over the lake was one of my non-negotiables when apartment hunting.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:45 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed the pint or five at the Granite as well as the dubious company. I can confirm that all bodily fluids were kept to ourselves. (Aside from Novo spitting in your beer when you went for a piss but he's from up norf so what do you expect?).
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Novocastrian will probably be along shortly to suggest Richmond Hill.
You haven't been around very long, have you? I usually suggest High Park, but our resident sage did that already.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:46 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I enjoyed the pint or five at the Granite as well as the dubious company. I can confirm that all bodily fluids were kept to ourselves. (Aside from Novo spitting in your beer when you went for a piss but he's from up norf so what do you expect?).
And I suppose you never went to the gents?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You haven't been around very long, have you? I usually suggest High Park, but our resident sage did that already.
Lately, it seemed to me you've been suggesting RH more often than HP.

I'll try to remember for next time
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:15 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what you think. <spits in beer>
Did anyone ever mention the encrusted body fluid situation you had at the TO meet-up last March?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:20 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Did anyone ever mention the encrusted body fluid situation you had at the TO meet-up last March?
Remind me.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:29 pm

Remind me.
You had a moustache-bogey interface. For some time.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:34 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Souvenir
You had a moustache-bogey interface. For some time.
Really? tha' snot funny.

<although perfectly credible>

BTW I'll be in Ottawa for week in Feb., do you want to meet up for an exchange of fluids?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:45 pm

Really? tha' snot funny.

<although perfectly credible>

BTW I'll be in Ottawa for week in Feb., do you want to meet up for an exchange of fluids?
That very much depends on when it is. As I have mentioned, I'm off to Brazil tomorrow. When I get back next Wednesday, I foresee a couple of weeks of hard and frenzied labour. I'll then be going to the UK on the 11th Feb and won't be back until the 24th. I am, however, coming to TO in early March (arriving Sunday 1st, probably late, and leaving Tuesday afternoon). The Monday is looking hopeful. I got my act together this time and booked myself into somewhere within staggering distance of the Yard. Crawling distance, to be more precise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.