Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A nice hotel/town you stayed in near Toronto?

A nice hotel/town you stayed in near Toronto?

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:00 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A nice hotel/town you stayed in near Toronto?

Originally Posted by Souvy
And a very long line-up for the elevators. It's best to have a pee before attempting to get to your room.
doesn't the reception desk mind?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alinew
We are looking for one night stay straight after the flight... We're ok to drive a bit (1 hour or 2 max)
Last time we stayed in Ajax, Mississauga South and then North...

We thougth about Kingston?

But wondered if some of you know of a really nice place, town, hotel to go to, we definitely love swimming (that's why I love the Super 8 motels, but the only problem with that is that in Ontario the regulations do not allow children of a certain height to go on the flumes)

We need something on budget too

We will be taking our time on our way to Fredericton (so heading towards Edmunston - we might as well as my husband just mention it re-visit La ville de Quebec), where we are going (to try to meet some of you) and to settle as a family

Aline

Hi , we used Hotwire.com for all our hotels in canada for 3 weeks this year. You can choose a hotel with a pool on the specification list... We got the Westin 4* harbour area for $99 per night.

A lot of people will probably disagree with me but Kingston is a fair treck after landing at Toronto Airport. I would recommend to definately go to the thousand Island area, Gananoque is fab.

Definately look at Hotwire, we didnt get a bad hotel in 3 weeks...

Hope that helps

Top Cat
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Top Cat
Hi , we used Hotwire.com for all our hotels in canada for 3 weeks this year. You can choose a hotel with a pool on the specification list... We got the Westin 4* harbour area for $99 per night.

A lot of people will probably disagree with me but Kingston is a fair treck after landing at Toronto Airport. I would recommend to definately go to the thousand Island area, Gananoque is fab.

Definately look at Hotwire, we didnt get a bad hotel in 3 weeks...

Hope that helps

Top Cat
I doubt if anyone at all will disagree with you. Especially if you've got to cross Toronto at a busy time. In fact, I'd say driving from YYZ to Kingston for the first night after a transatlantic flight borders on the suicidal.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I doubt if anyone at all will disagree with you. Especially if you've got to cross Toronto at a busy time. In fact, I'd say driving from YYZ to Kingston for the first night after a transatlantic flight borders on the suicidal.
No argument from me. Transatlantic flights usually land at YYZ in the afternoon, no? Hitting Toronto's evening rush-hour traffic would make a long drive much longer.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:00 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Best stay in Toronto or area get a good nights sleep then move on in the morning.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Top Cat
Coming from Toronto, the 1000 Islands and Gananoque is a longer drive than going to Kingston
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Alinew is an unknown quantity at this point

Point taken, about the traffic! Last time we arrived and it was late afternoon it wasn't too bad - but still very busy, it wouldn't have been that bad if we went the right way,LOL!!! (we went something like west instead of east, for quite a few few miles,)

We'll definetely look at all the propositions there - thank you again for all the info and the fun with it we already love it here!

Aline
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Alinew
Point taken, about the traffic! Last time we arrived and it was late afternoon it wasn't too bad - but still very busy, it wouldn't have been that bad if we went the right way,LOL!!! (we went something like west instead of east, for quite a few few miles,)

We'll definetely look at all the propositions there - thank you again for all the info and the fun with it we already love it here!

Aline
We're all gooduns really
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I stayed here once. It's within spitting distance from the airport, has decent rooms, pool, show, and buffet thing. They make mean martini too
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I stayed here once. It's within spitting distance from the airport, has decent rooms, pool, show, and buffet thing. They make mean martini too
Is it Butlins?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dollface
Is it Butlins?
Do Butlins do martinis?

Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:26 pm

Do Butlins do martinis?

I'm not sure.........if not, they should
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dollface
I'm not sure.........if not, they should
Everywhere should.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:47 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Do Butlins do martinis?

Yes they do. At least, they used to.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Yes they do. At least, they used to.
Really? It's rare to find a decent martini served up in the UK. So Butlins? Wow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.