Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nexus interview tips

Nexus interview tips

Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:05 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nexus interview tips

Originally Posted by Gozit
Because your nationality on your old card would've said "GBR" and you need a new one that says "CAN".

You have to update your NEXUS info before traveling so doing it before the trip was a good move, using it without updating it and doing it on your return could have jeopardised your membership

Yeah they said that new citizenship/ passport needs to be updated at enrolment Centre.

I didn’t use my nexus card this time round but I’m planning on a day trip next week on my own so I’ll use it then.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I successfully updated mine at the enrolment centre at Main Street when I became a Canadian Citizen. It shows as updated online as well although I still have my original card. I will just carry both passports.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

bgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Because your nationality on your old card would've said "GBR" and you need a new one that says "CAN".

You have to update your NEXUS info before traveling so doing it before the trip was a good move, using it without updating it and doing it on your return could have jeopardised your membership
When I got my NEXUS card updated after getting my Canadian passport, they didn't change the nationality field from "GBR" to "CAN" - even though my Canadian passport and (IIRC) another field stated "Canadian"... which caused a second line of questioning when I crossed the land border to the US a couple of times, before a more helpful DHS border guard pointed it out to me, and explained that while *some* info had been updated, this was probably the source of having more drill-down questions.

A trip to the YYZ office confirmed that someone hadn't updated all the fields properly, and that I'd need a new NEXUS card issued...

It may be that, since this happened, the onus is now on the individual to ensure that all details are up-to-date, but IIRC there was nothing on GOES that I could change myself.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Also dont forget there is a new website now for the Trusted Travellers as the GOES website is no longer so if you have a card that is over 12 months old you will need to sign into the new site and create a new id to access the site to make any changes
https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov