Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A Newie To Ontario

A Newie To Ontario

Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Lops101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Newie To Ontario

Anybody in the Burlington area? Hubbie working all hours gods sends, would like to know where to go with two small children. Obviously bars out of the question!
Old Nov 12th 2005, 12:44 am
JoD
Forum Regular

JoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to all
Default Re: A Newie To Ontario

Originally Posted by Lops101
Anybody in the Burlington area? Hubbie working all hours gods sends, would like to know where to go with two small children. Obviously bars out of the question!
Hi. I'm not in Burlington, but am next door in Oakville. I have a daughter who will be 2 next month and have been here for 5 months. Do you have a car? I don't, but I do take my daughter to the park or we just go for a walk (although we obviously won't be able to do that in the winter!). I have a couple of great neighbours who have offered to take me places if need be and have met a lovely British family via this great website who have also been here a few months.

It takes time to settle in, but have a search on the web for "drop in" child centres or register them for a couple of activities. And try to meet as many people as you can.

Good luck.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

go to a local early years centres and sign up for their FREE programs , great way to meet other parents

http://www.ontarioearlyyears.ca/oeyc/oeyc.htm
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Lops101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoD
Hi. I'm not in Burlington, but am next door in Oakville. I have a daughter who will be 2 next month and have been here for 5 months. Do you have a car? I don't, but I do take my daughter to the park or we just go for a walk (although we obviously won't be able to do that in the winter!). I have a couple of great neighbours who have offered to take me places if need be and have met a lovely British family via this great website who have also been here a few months.

It takes time to settle in, but have a search on the web for "drop in" child centres or register them for a couple of activities. And try to meet as many people as you can.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, fortunately, I am mobile. I've got 2 and 3 year old boys and managed to get to know my way around quite quickly (we moved here Sept). Just could do with a few more social activities! The boys are having swimming lessons and go to pre-school twice a week, but the afternoons can get a bit cabin feverish! I will visit the Early Years website and pop down. Thanks for the info.