Reload this Page >

newbie looking for housing info please

newbie looking for housing info please

Old Jan 28th 2014, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

emrys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default newbie looking for housing info please

hi
this is my first post so go easy on me please ......

myself and my family are wanting to move to canada ideally vancouver .
we had initially been looking at usa having been there lots of times on holiday but the crime rate put us off permanently living there and canada seems a better option all round.
we are booking flights and going over to vancouver to get a feel for the place but my question is .. does canada have foreclosure housing options like in usa i.e like the government hud website and fannie mae website ?? if so please can you let me know the links
housing is so expensive it appears and although we have saved up a few £££ it wouldnt be enough to buy a house outright and we are still trying to organise employment

thanks
emrys
Old Jan 28th 2014, 2:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: newbie looking for housing info please

Hi emrys,

I don't know much about properties in Canada I'm afraid, but I wanted to pop by and welcome you to our community. I've moved your thread into our Canada forum for you so that those living in Canada can share some pointers.

I take it you have the immigration side of things already sorted? If not, check out our Canada Immigration section here and read through the other threads as our members are great at sharing experiences.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 3:50 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emrys
hi
this is my first post so go easy on me please ......

myself and my family are wanting to move to canada ideally vancouver .
we had initially been looking at usa having been there lots of times on holiday but the crime rate put us off permanently living there and canada seems a better option all round.
we are booking flights and going over to vancouver to get a feel for the place but my question is .. does canada have foreclosure housing options like in usa i.e like the government hud website and fannie mae website ?? if so please can you let me know the links
housing is so expensive it appears and although we have saved up a few £££ it wouldnt be enough to buy a house outright and we are still trying to organise employment

thanks
emrys
Foreclosure sales go through realtors as with any other property. No specific site for foreclosures. An offer is put in, which is a legally binding contract, the buyer then waits for however long it takes for the offer to go though the court to find out if or which one is accepted. A long drawn out process, so OK if you are patient.

Property is listed on mls.ca
Old Jan 28th 2014, 4:33 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

in Vancouver, housing is expensive. The housing market is not one with a lot of foreclosures. It's nothing like the US. You probably need to lower your expectations really far.

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Jan 28th 2014 at 4:37 pm.