Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

From New Zealand to Canada, have you done it?

From New Zealand to Canada, have you done it?

Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:44 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Re: From New Zealand to Canada, have you done it?

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
I don't like Christchurch.

But Nelson, the Tasman National Park and the Marlborough Wine region, (particularly Herzog Winery and Restaurant)....be still my beating heart.

http://www.herzog.co.nz/
I loved Christchurch with its small town feel, views to the mountains, the beaches and sea and the fabulous hills overlooking it all. I've been to Auckland too, but Christchurch stole my heart.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
I loved Christchurch with its small town feel, views to the mountains, the beaches and sea and the fabulous hills overlooking it all. I've been to Auckland too, but Christchurch stole my heart.

LOL, that's what I didn't like about CHCH, the small town feel...
Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

The Wallaces is an unknown quantity at this point

I Elmuzzerino, we are originally from Northern Ireland but moved to Calgary over 3 years ago, although we like it here I cannot see ourselves staying till retirement. You mentioned how you missed the seasons, well we don't really get too many seasons other than winter and summer. Spring and fall can maybe last 4 weeks at best. The summers I find just far too short, 3 months if you are lucky, then a short fall and then into winter.

We have been lucky this winter, as it has been very mild, but we would like a climate that we can be outdoors for much of the year, so we are thinking of a move to Aus. We are going to visit New Zealand too but the thing that worries me is that the weather will be similar to back home in Ireland, wet, windy and damp, with a little better summers. Uuughhh

Cheers
Karen
Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Oh yeh, sorry forgot to touch on the culture bit, HOCKEY and Tim Hortons
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:56 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656205
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:58 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
LOL, that's what I didn't like about CHCH, the small town feel...

CHCH, a great place for skinheads.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
CHCH, a great place for skinheads.

true dat
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Imenz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Wallaces
We have been lucky this winter, as it has been very mild, but we would like a climate that we can be outdoors for much of the year, so we are thinking of a move to Aus. We are going to visit New Zealand too but the thing that worries me is that the weather will be similar to back home in Ireland, wet, windy and damp, with a little better summers. Uuughhh

Cheers
Karen
I don't think the weather in NZ is anything like in Ireland (my family are from Cavan). The summers are much longer, warmer and drier, and the winters are shorter and a lot warmer. Auckland has some fantastic winter days - if it's cold at night then the next day is usually clear and bright.
I've lived in Australia (Perth, Sydney and up in Townsville and Cairns), and overall I prefer the way of life in NZ.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Imenz
I don't think the weather in NZ is anything like in Ireland (my family are from Cavan). The summers are much longer, warmer and drier, and the winters are shorter and a lot warmer. Auckland has some fantastic winter days - if it's cold at night then the next day is usually clear and bright.
I've lived in Australia (Perth, Sydney and up in Townsville and Cairns), and overall I prefer the way of life in NZ.
Well I am glad what I had heard of the winter weather in New Zealand is not entirely true as we are coming over for a holiday in June and travelling around in a motorhome. Cold, wet and windy would not be much fun...
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

oops, forgot to quote

Last edited by Elizabeth I; Mar 6th 2010 at 8:16 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Imenz