Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future
Default Re: New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

Originally Posted by Denhamgirl
I quite liked the atmosphere at the Poacher last night too, so happy to go back, but 4 weeks seems like a long time - would anyone else go for bi-weekly?
Yeh, every two weeks sounds good
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

Fortnightly sounds good!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps some of them could be in Hamilton?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:33 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. It was so nice to meet you all Wednesday, and thanks David & Janet you were great host's, not sure how many wines I had but a little poorly yesterday

I am happy to meet up every two weeks, I would prefer to stay at the poachers, not to keen on the other venues, but will go if others want to try them. Also happy to go to Hamilton.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Denhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to all

Hello everyone,

I tried to add a meetup for August 3rd to the calendar, but clearly my technological skills aren't up to scratch because it didn't work...

How about we all meet again after work on Wednesday, August 3rd at The Poacher in Burlington and we can have a chat then about future meetups and venues etc. And perhaps someone a bit more technology-savvy than me can post a meetup in the calendar!

Trish
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Denhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to all

so, I thought it didn't work, but no, it appeared twice! I should just stick to pen and paper.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Formerly of nr Kinross, Scotland, now Burlington, ON!
furries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to all

I will be there this time around! Just could not get away in time last time - but I will see you all on the 3rd!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:14 pm
Banned

Not sure if I can get there that day, unless I can cadge a lift off someone - but I will try!

Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Denhamgirl
Hello everyone,

I tried to add a meetup for August 3rd to the calendar, but clearly my technological skills aren't up to scratch because it didn't work...

How about we all meet again after work on Wednesday, August 3rd at The Poacher in Burlington and we can have a chat then about future meetups and venues etc. And perhaps someone a bit more technology-savvy than me can post a meetup in the calendar!

Trish
Was going to try and do the meet up on the calender, but if the 3rd is good for people we will stick to that, looking forward to it
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

lester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nice

Hi everyone
The group created quite a bit of conversation between some of the expat customers who are regulars at the pub. If there is going to be a meeting on Aug 3rd can I let some of those couples know about it so that they can be there or is that something you would rather discuss first?

We are going to put on some light food next time as I know some of you are coming straight from work.

Best
David/Janet
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:08 am
Just Joined

britstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nice

Might be exhausted, but a good double-celebration on 3rd August so will endeavour to make it
Stuart
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:50 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be there., drinking pop
Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

It's on our calender!! Looking forward to it
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:21 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you guys are set. All you need now is a good fish and chips or curry to go with the meet-up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.