Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

Originally Posted by iancampbell9
I play at Soccerworld in Hamilton, actually playing tonight at 10pm

www.hamiltonpickup.com

Don'ty worry its not a singles dating site!

May look to play in summer but not sure yet!
Wow...what a website...I see you have a token canadian on your team...

Here is where I play on a Thursday night

http://www.oldfartssoccer.com/
Old Mar 28th 2011, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

I play at Soccerworld in Hamilton, actually playing tonight at 10pm

www.hamiltonpickup.com

Don'ty worry its not a singles dating site!

May look to play in summer but not sure yet!
Cheers for the info,

Looks like it might be interesting. I signed up to the waiting list for the Burlington Soccer League, so I shall see if I get a call for the summer.

Sidenote anyway I see from the website Ian that you are played for Keele Uni ... I played for Keele aswell a few years back... its a small world.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

iancampbell9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Cheers for the info,

Looks like it might be interesting. I signed up to the waiting list for the Burlington Soccer League, so I shall see if I get a call for the summer.

Sidenote anyway I see from the website Ian that you are played for Keele Uni ... I played for Keele aswell a few years back... its a small world.
Really, when were you there I was there 1999-2002
Old Mar 28th 2011, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

Really, when were you there I was there 1999-2002
I was there 2002-2006, but I didn't start playing football there until my second year.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

I was there 2002-2006, but I didn't start playing football there until my second year.
Oh ok do you know Ammie Uppal, Adam Judd etc?
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

Oh ok do you know Ammie Uppal, Adam Judd etc?
Yep I know them both, I know Adam fairly well as I used to live next to him in one of those flats in Barnes Hall

So what made you move out here? I actually meet my wife through one of the canadian exchange students who went to Keele from Brock University in St Catharines. I've been here just over a year, first on a work permit, and then I 'landed' as a permanent resident last week.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

britstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nice

Congrats on the Permanent Resident status - so a BBQ at yours to celebrate?
I actually play in Stoney Creek on Sunday afternoons in the summer. I believe it is Saltfleet Soccer if that helps?
I play in a men's over 25's open league. There are other divisions, but most of the guys on those teams are 19 and super fast - I think beer has resulted in a lack of pace in my game now!!!

Cheers
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britstu
I actually play in Stoney Creek on Sunday afternoons in the summer. I believe it is Saltfleet Soccer if that helps?
I play in a men's over 25's open league. There are other divisions, but most of the guys on those teams are 19 and super fast - I think beer has resulted in a lack of pace in my game now!!!

Cheers
Thanks I'll look into that. I just want to join a nice leisurely sunday league and maybe have a few pints afterward.

I've actually just moved into a nice appartment on lakeshore in Burlington, which does have a big pool and BBQ area. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure drinking by the pool is frowned upon
Old Mar 28th 2011, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britstu

Cheers

Hi Britstu,

Just looked at the website and it looks like it could be fun... I'm 29 so I will would definately want to play in the over 25's league.. Is there a way to get on a waiting list or something so that teams can contact you if tehy need players?

Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2011, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Britstu,

Just looked at the website and it looks like it could be fun... I'm 29 so I will would definately want to play in the over 25's league.. Is there a way to get on a waiting list or something so that teams can contact you if tehy need players?

Thanks
I could well be keen too, I'm just recently 30 and dont really want to be getting murdered every week by rapid 19 year olds!

Dtilley592 gonna send you a pm!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 8:23 am
Just Joined

britstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nice

Hey guys,
Honestly, not sure how you get on a waiting list, but you could email them and see what they have to say about it. I would offer you to join the team I am on, but I think we are pretty full
It is a great league too because games don't start before 3pm, so you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn, unlike Burlington!!!

Just my 2 cents worth.
The apartment sounds good, and as for drinking by the pool, the key is being sneaky (I will stop now before I get into trouble)
Cheers
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Denhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to all

Hi - I hope I'm not a bit late responding to this thread (with regards to a get-together). My husband and I have been in Canada for 7 years now and are still having a bit of trouble meeting likeminded people. Having worked in the UK for many years, meeting new people usually took place at work (well, down the pub after work!) but that doesn't really seem to be the same here. We live downtown Hamilton (after a disastrous start in the suburbs of Stoney Creek!) which we love; I work in Hamilton and my husband works in Burlington. It would be great to meet some people who like going out for dinner, going for a pint (or a glass of wine) after work or just going shopping or sightseeing or having a good old natter about home! If there is still a get-together planned, I would love to come along.

Trish
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I work in downtown Hamilton, have been in Canada 9 years and would be happy to meet others for a pint or a wine

We really must work on setting it up!

Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Formerly of nr Kinross, Scotland, now Burlington, ON!
furries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to all

We move into our new home (rental) in Burlington on 10th July ... I fly out to start the new life on Friday! Would be interested in any local meet ups ...
Old Jul 4th 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll tag along to a meet-up (been here for 5 years this month) but will be the middle-aged contingent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.