Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Originally Posted by sarah_m
anyone know when bunac are selling their share of the visas?

also, can anyone tell me how much it is from bunac? I'm thinking it's about 450pounds in total - am i right?

Thanks
BUNAC is open as of now. Costs £254 for reservation of one of their visas and all of the support services they offer. You then pay everything else on top of that, either through BUNAC's slightly more expensive options or you go independent!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

arghh im really stressing - it says i cannot apply to bunac until my current visa expires. Does that mean i can still get them to reserve me one though?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. I'm really hoping that the IEC ones don't have the same restriction on name changes - I'm getting married in March and my fiancee is going to change her name! You can't do that on the BUNAC one apparently...
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

arghh im really stressing - it says i cannot apply to bunac until my current visa expires. Does that mean i can still get them to reserve me one though?
No they can't reserve you one. I think this means you need to go via the direct route which opens from tomorrow.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

really? but they told me before that it was fine as long as i waited for my current visa to expire.arghh
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

really? but they told me before that it was fine as long as i waited for my current visa to expire.arghh
If you are currently on a work permit in Canada, you cannot apply to
BUNAC until your current permit has expired
Yes, it is. I'm confused by what you're saying though. You can't pay the fee because you are currently on a visa, so they can't reserve you a visa.
http://www.bunac.org/canadaForms/for..._Info_2011.pdf
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:21 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

So I don't get it, what are they actually providing this year? It says that you still need to send your application to the CIC directly so they're not even checking it for you, they're basically just registering you and then want proof of your flights/insurance as well.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

will that be the same for the IEC?

so that means that anyone on the bunac work permit cannot apply until after their visa has expired?? that's crazy surely as all the visas will be taken..
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:35 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

will that be the same for the IEC?

so that means that anyone on the bunac work permit cannot apply until after their visa has expired?? that's crazy surely as all the visas will be taken..
It can't be because they allow people to use the visas concurrently.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

i bloody hope so.
my god this is so damn stressful. i've just been thinking i'll be fine and can get another visa - i'm sending off all my docs tomorrow to get my police check done over in england then i just hope the fact that i already have the bank doc signed will put me at a slight advantage in terms of time compared with others who are in the uk trying to get the banks to prove their account balance.

i really wish they were more clear on their website!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

i bloody hope so.
my god this is so damn stressful. i've just been thinking i'll be fine and can get another visa - i'm sending off all my docs tomorrow to get my police check done over in england then i just hope the fact that i already have the bank doc signed will put me at a slight advantage in terms of time compared with others who are in the uk trying to get the banks to prove their account balance.

i really wish they were more clear on their website!
Ohh how did you get the bank doc signed?

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
So I don't get it, what are they actually providing this year? It says that you still need to send your application to the CIC directly so they're not even checking it for you, they're basically just registering you and then want proof of your flights/insurance as well.
Support services

Last edited by ChrisBan; Jan 17th 2011 at 7:43 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Ohh how did you get the bank doc signed?
from my canadian bank - they just did it there and then..
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:43 pm
Sidecar Falcon

It wouldn't let me enrol at first because I have a 2010 visa but I won't be activating it until next week hence I had a different error to you lot in that it just said that the 2010 programme was now closed and 2011 would be opening soon.

I just ended up signing up for another account and it worked fine. I have checked the T&C for the programme as well and it would appear as though they only want evidence of your insurance this year (as required by the CIC) and not flight details.

It's 250 quid I'll never see again but at least I might get a decent night's sleep tonight.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:45 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
BUNAC is open as of now. Costs £254 for reservation of one of their visas and all of the support services they offer. You then pay everything else on top of that, either through BUNAC's slightly more expensive options or you go independent!
Have you signed up as well now by the way mate? Epic job on posting that it was now opened by the way, I wouldn't have checked until tomorrow otherwise.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
It wouldn't let me enrol at first because I have a 2010 visa but I won't be activating it until next week hence I had a different error to you lot in that it just said that the 2010 programme was now closed and 2011 would be opening soon.

I just ended up signing up for another account and it worked fine. I have checked the T&C for the programme as well and it would appear as though they only want evidence of your insurance this year (as required by the CIC) and not flight details.

It's 250 quid I'll never see again but at least I might get a decent night's sleep tonight.
hang on. so is are you applying while your current visa is still running?
therefore, reserving the visa until your current one expires??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.