Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

tom25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

So on the 18th the new rules are implemented, I heard the other day. Being 22 they seem to suit me for the future, but I would like to get a visa for this year to enter Canada.

So tomorrow is the 17th and I have the police ACPO all filled out, I will be posting it tomorrow premium service so should receive it back probably the 19th/20th. The day I receive it I will submit my full application to the IEC [I am not doing the bunac route I don't think, I'll just do it direct -- if someone has a reason for me to reconsider, please say]

Obviously there's 5000 visas or whatever, it's limited, so am I cutting it a bit fine with this or will it probably be alright? Only reason I don't have the ACPO yet was because I was involved in some incident with the police where I was accused of assault when I acted in self defence, this was all cleared up this weekend and the complaint was written off.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:53 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Originally Posted by tom25
I was involved in some incident with the police where I was accused of assault when I acted in self defence, this was all cleared up this weekend and the complaint was written off.
Ummm that sounds a bit non-descript, were you arrested at any point and did you receive a caution?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

dont be surprised if it takes a couple of extra days to get your police certificate. it takes 2 working days to process it then you have to add the time for them to post it and for it to arrive.

I'm waiting on my passport renewal and police certificate so wont be applying for at least another week. not the end of the world if i miss out but i'd be surprised if they fill up within the first couple of days
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:07 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I've got my new ACPO cert I'm just shitting it about the bank form now.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So tomorrow is the 17th and I have the police ACPO all filled out, I will be posting it tomorrow premium service so should receive it back probably the 19th/20th.
Note it's a 2 day service not including the day it's received or sent - so more like 4 days in total, plus posting days to and from. Realistically, the earliest you'll have it back is the 21st.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Ummm that sounds a bit non-descript, were you arrested at any point and did you receive a caution?
not arrested and it was written off - i did nothing wrong basically
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Note it's a 2 day service not including the day it's received or sent - so more like 4 days in total, plus posting days to and from. Realistically, the earliest you'll have it back is the 21st.
and would that make much of a difference? would all the visas really go within the first few days?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

and would that make much of a difference? would all the visas really go within the first few days?
I'm wondering the exact same thing. I know this year, the whole thing has opened up the possibility for people to get visas that had previously been unable to, but how likely are they to all run out so quickly.

I'm over in Canada already and need to get a police check done. I'm wondering whether it's worth the risk just by going to for the cheaper option..as i probably won't be able to get my application to paris until 2 weeks after the 18th - think that might be a bit too late!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarah_m
I'm wondering the exact same thing. I know this year, the whole thing has opened up the possibility for people to get visas that had previously been unable to, but how likely are they to all run out so quickly.

I'm over in Canada already and need to get a police check done. I'm wondering whether it's worth the risk just by going to for the cheaper option..as i probably won't be able to get my application to paris until 2 weeks after the 18th - think that might be a bit too late!
Does anyone know how many Visa BUNAC used to give out per year? I imagine it was probably 5000 or less. Also how many people will know about the change in rules and be active enough to send off apps on day 1.

I would guess then that you would be OK in sending the application after a few weeks. Though I to am in Canada, and am going to send off everything asap just to be sure.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:04 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
Does anyone know how many Visa BUNAC used to give out per year? I imagine it was probably 5000 or less. Also how many people will know about the change in rules and be active enough to send off apps on day 1.

I would guess then that you would be OK in sending the application after a few weeks. Though I to am in Canada, and am going to send off everything asap just to be sure.
I think it was around 1000 for non students and student permits were pretty much unlimited.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

skytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really nice

Is the application pack only available after the 18th January? I can't find it on the site anywhere, or how to register my email address to then get a link to the pack. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just not seeing something?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 2:38 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by skytek
Is the application pack only available after the 18th January? I can't find it on the site anywhere, or how to register my email address to then get a link to the pack. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just not seeing something?
You register on the 18th and then you can download it.

Each application pack is personalised to the individual.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

skytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really nice

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
You register on the 18th and then you can download it.

Each application pack is personalised to the individual.
Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2011, 2:52 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by skytek
Thanks
You're welcome and good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

anyone know when bunac are selling their share of the visas?

also, can anyone tell me how much it is from bunac? I'm thinking it's about 450pounds in total - am i right?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.