Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Need some help identifying a car

Need some help identifying a car

Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need some help identifying a car

When I was last in England, there were lots and lots of those funny little cars that you never see over here. I used to know what they were called but have forgotten. They might be two seaters - I'm not sure. They have that really flat back to them. I was talking about them the other day to my husband and I wanted to show him pictures. I went on the UK Trader but you have to put in a make and model and I have no idea.

I know someone here will be able to help!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

xunzi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need some help identifying a car

Could it be a Smart Car?

http://www.thesmart.co.uk

They are available in Canada now too.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - I knew someone would know! I actually saw one driving down the street yesterday and that is what reminded me. I tried to explain to my husband but I wanted to show him one.

So why are they called "smart" cars?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

xunzi will become famous soon enough

No idea why they are called Smart cars. You should be able to find them at Mercedes dealerships though
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:55 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Smart was initially a collaboration between Swatch watches and Mercedes.

Unfortunately Merc did the styling and Swatch did the mechanics!
Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Do they park sideways where you are too? Front end facing the pavement? It's so weird. I'm always tempted to park right up close so they can't open their doors and get back in. But I'm just bitter and jealous I need 50ft space to park and they don't.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:53 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I'm always tempted to park right up close so they can't open their doors and get back in.
I never thought of that! Excellent!
Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:58 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

From what I remember they were called smart cars as you can mix and match your colours. You don't have to stick to the colour you purchase in the shop, all the panels are easily changed. In fact you don't have to have it all one colour, this was the Swatch idea. However they are quite expensive and I have never seen anyone actually change them!!!
Old Mar 5th 2005, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Daveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud of

$16,000 for a roller skate? Even if it is made by Merc I think thats a bit pricey..
Old Mar 5th 2005, 2:04 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

A merc roller skate? That's the A class I think they based that vehicle on Mr Whippy's van !
Old Mar 5th 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by xunzi
Could it be a Smart Car?

http://www.thesmart.co.uk

They are available in Canada now too.
Went past one on the 401 between Cambridge and Mississauga.

To say it looked a little out of place on the 401 is the understatement of the year.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Thanks - I knew someone would know! I actually saw one driving down the street yesterday and that is what reminded me. I tried to explain to my husband but I wanted to show him one.

So why are they called "smart" cars?
Do you mean you just saw one in Regina driving down the road???or are you currently on vacation?? The reason I ask is that I just saw a mini driving down my road....though I was seeing things