Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

need some advice

need some advice

Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of
Default Re: need some advice

http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/Def...7-70a7366de4c4

If you have a buisness you are selling then maybe the SINP Entrepreneurs would be something you could look into?

http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/Def...7-70a7366de4c4

So to answer your question, yes you can come to Canada as visitors, apply for jobs etc and get a TWP for your OH.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Poker babe
Iam originally from Edinburgh and I am also looking into moving over as a truck driver it seems the quickest route. Do not quote me but I think your OH will have to brace himself for long haul driving which isnt ideal but you sometimes need to work the crap side of the stick to get onto the good side! He may get lucky and not need to do the two years long haul. I would pack my bags right now and move but it just isnt cost effective and there are so many hoops to jump through I wouldnt want to be sitting in my new Canadian home to find I have to pack up and return to the UK as some silly piece of paperwork doesnt tickle someones fancy. I would strongly advise you sit and read the wiki on here and either you or the hubby get onto the trucking forum. You say you own a cafe? I have always thought a Scottish theme would work well in Canada (just my thoughts)
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

-POKERBABE- is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: need some advice

thanks very much and cheers for the link steph,

well dinger your thoughts are welcome thats also another option a scottish cafe hehe, yea im sure the OH would do the long haul if he had to but if we could avoid it then would be great. ive been on the trucking forum thats where i heard about the pnp which sask do for truck drivers.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

OK
If your hubby gets the job but not long haul then let me know thats what I am after
As for the Cafe my wife is Scottish, not a bad cook works in a cafe at the moment so there you go its a deal
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

-POKERBABE- is an unknown quantity at this point

no probs will let u know if he finds anything thats not long haul, and yup defo a deal ma cooking no to good so your wife sounds great