NCA exam & Articling

NCA exam & Articling

Old Mar 3rd 2020, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

pettywoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NCA exam & Articling

Hello,

I am writing this post because I hope I'd get some guidance -
I had been working as a legal assistant/law student throughout most of my nca exams (i had to do 10) and express entry application -
I quit my last job at a law chamber because i was paid cash and had to work almost 7 days a week (i did that for 2 years and i was thinking i could find a job at a normal law office)
I have finished writing the last NCA exam and it takes roughly 14 weeks for the results to be released - now during this waiting period, what kind of jobs should i be looking ?

I sometime delete NCA and Bachelor of Law on my CV so I dont seem to be "overqualified". I wonder if anyone has similar experiences?
Please share!

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 4th 2020, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCA exam & Articling

Originally Posted by pettywoo
Hello,

I am writing this post because I hope I'd get some guidance -
I had been working as a legal assistant/law student throughout most of my nca exams (i had to do 10) and express entry application -
I quit my last job at a law chamber because i was paid cash and had to work almost 7 days a week (i did that for 2 years and i was thinking i could find a job at a normal law office)
I have finished writing the last NCA exam and it takes roughly 14 weeks for the results to be released - now during this waiting period, what kind of jobs should i be looking ?

I sometime delete NCA and Bachelor of Law on my CV so I dont seem to be "overqualified". I wonder if anyone has similar experiences?
Please share!

Thank you in advance!
Server at Timmies; checkout person at Walmart; anything you wish to really.

If you wish to obtain work in the legal field, all you can really do is seek an articling position, and explain to them the NCA process. You cannot all yourself a lawyer in Ontario, even if you pass the NCA exams, and I believe that paralegals are regulated there too. So, unless you have that designation, you cannot call yourself a paralegal either.

You could try being a legal assistant again too but, this time, I would seek a more reputable employer.

Best of luck.