Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Name Eddie's New Thread

Name Eddie's New Thread

Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Name Eddie's New Thread

Need a name for a thread to hold Eddie's jokes. Name must be fairly clean.

Judges will be Toon, Eddie and myself (but of course I can over-ride their decision at any time). Contest will close at 4pm PST on Friday, Nov 26 even if there aren't any suggestions.

Winner will receive some special karma from me.

So come-on folks give us some ideas.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Name Eddie's New Thread

Originally Posted by willmore

Judges will be Toon, Eddie and myself (but of course I can over-ride their decision at any time). Contest will close at 4pm PST on Friday, Nov 26 even if there aren't any suggestions.

Very interesting, 27 viewers - yet no responses.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Very interesting, 27 viewers - yet no responses.
What about "Eddie's Jokes" or is that too obvious?
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:29 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jonny
What about "Eddie's Jokes" or is that too obvious?
"A funny thing happened to me on the way here today....."

OR

"A Scotsman, a Dutchman and a Canadian...."
Old Nov 25th 2004, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry read the other thread first so once again .... why not just call it "The funny (or fun) side of Canada"

Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:55 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Heres one guys

Put the cat out

A couple was dressed and ready to go out for the evening. They turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on the phone line, covered their pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard.

They phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi. The taxi arrived and the couple opened the front door to leave their house. The cat they had put out into the yard scoots back into the house.

They don't want the cat shut in the house because "she" always tries to eat the bird. The wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes inside to get the cat. The cat runs upstairs, the man in hot pursuit.

The wife doesn't want the driver to know the house will be empty. She explains to the taxi driver that her husband will be out soon. "He's just going upstairs to say good-bye to my mother."

A few minutes later, the husband gets into the cab. "Sorry I took so long," he says, as they drive away.

"Stupid bitch was hiding under the bed. Had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! Then I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked. I hauled her fat butt downstairs and threw her out into the back yard!"

The cabdriver hit a parked car...

TEEHEEE
So come on folks whats my new thread going to be called.
Willmore what kind of jokes do you think I should post, shall I PM them to you first for scrutiny, as some will be a bit rude. YOU DECIDE as you can be the censor lady, as you are still quite young !!!!!!!

Eddie
Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Heres one guys

Put the cat out

A couple was dressed and ready to go out for the evening. They turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on the phone line, covered their pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard.

They phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi. The taxi arrived and the couple opened the front door to leave their house. The cat they had put out into the yard scoots back into the house.

They don't want the cat shut in the house because "she" always tries to eat the bird. The wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes inside to get the cat. The cat runs upstairs, the man in hot pursuit.

The wife doesn't want the driver to know the house will be empty. She explains to the taxi driver that her husband will be out soon. "He's just going upstairs to say good-bye to my mother."

A few minutes later, the husband gets into the cab. "Sorry I took so long," he says, as they drive away.

"Stupid bitch was hiding under the bed. Had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! Then I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked. I hauled her fat butt downstairs and threw her out into the back yard!"

The cabdriver hit a parked car...

TEEHEEE
So come on folks whats my new thread going to be called.
Willmore what kind of jokes do you think I should post, shall I PM them to you first for scrutiny, as some will be a bit rude. YOU DECIDE as you can be the censor lady, as you are still quite young !!!!!!!

Eddie
Well since I started this and the lack of response has been incredible to say the least, does no one on the Canada forum have a sense of humour any more? I'll make a unilateral decision and call it Eddie's Corner of Jokes.

Interesting that 80 people were interested enough to view the thread but couldn't be bothered to respond.

In any case enough ranting and raving, that's life I guess. If at some point, someone comes up with something better it can be changed.

But no, I don't want to censor them, just don't have the time, but I would like to suggest that you keep them fairly clean. Actually now that I think about it, how about moving this thread to the "Lounge" section, so that it is more visible to more people?
Old Nov 26th 2004, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting that 80 people were interested enough to view the thread but couldn't be bothered to respond.
Maybe it's just not that interesting
Old Nov 26th 2004, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jonny
Maybe it's just not that interesting
Perhaps, although I thought his jokes were great. But in order not to bore the good folks in the Canada forum any longer, we have moved it into the Lounge, where it will be more appreciated.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Scottish jokes for free?
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

does no one on the Canada forum have a sense of humour any more? I'll make a unilateral decision and call it Eddie's Corner of Jokes.

In my defence as one of the eighty I viewed the thread because you don't know the content until you view it. But I'm afraid that I don't come to this forum to tell or read jokes as there are plenty of other places to do that and besides there's plenty of natural humour here included in the regular threads. As you yourself say, The Lounge will encourage greater appreciation.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stepnek
In my defence as one of the eighty I viewed the thread because you don't know the content until you view it. But I'm afraid that I don't come to this forum to tell or read jokes as there are plenty of other places to do that and besides there's plenty of natural humour here included in the regular threads. As you yourself say, The Lounge will encourage greater appreciation.
For heavens sake, lighten up. People who doesn't appreciate his jokes are the losers here, but it's a personal decision.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:53 pm
Velouria

For heavens sake, lighten up. People who doesn't appreciate his jokes are the losers here, but it's a personal decision.
you asked people to respond, and so they did...?

here goes... i'll give a vote for 'Eddie's Corner of Jokes' !

Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

here goes... i'll give a vote for 'Eddie's Corner of Jokes' ![/QUOTE]

Good choice - think we'll go with that - at least one person with a good sense of humour.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:26 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

here goes... i'll give a vote for 'Eddie's Corner of Jokes' !
Good choice - think we'll go with that - at least one person with a good sense of humour. [/QUOTE]

I'll Second that vote me dear

AHHHHHH Well 2 votes out of a gazillion users, no to bad

Eddie about to tan his wrists as no-one appreciates his sense of humour

BBOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.