Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

My business propositions so far

My business propositions so far

Old Jul 18th 2012, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My business propositions so far

Originally Posted by englishbird
Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 plus Day Cream 50 ml on amazon £7.72 and they do international shipping x
So that item would essentially cost around $20 Cad as you have not included the shipping at around 3 GBP. How long would a jar this size last?
Now if you ordered several of these jars then the following comes into play.
7.72 GBP per item, Amazon shipping to International doesnt specifically say which category this item falls under or what the cost is per item.
Music / DVD / Blu-ray 0.99 2.09
Books (includes audio books) 2.99 3.99
VHS 2.99 3.99
Column 1 per item, Column 2 Highest per delivery rate.
If you choose the Airmail route then Canada Post & Customs come into play.
If shipment is over $20 Cad not inc shipping costs then duties and taxes apply as well as the $8.50 handling fee.
Customs duties and taxes include any duty, GST/PST or HST rate.
So without knowing the Cad prices is this really a deal once you add in all of these factors?
Old Jul 21st 2012, 10:35 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
That will be Superstore then! Or also know as Stupidstore. I hate that shop!
I hate it too don't like the layout & their produce is bo**ox
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

MajesticMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an idea for a business, what about exporting Tim Hortons, Wendy's, Canadian Tyre, proper waffles and those gallon drums of ice cream to the UK. mmmmm.....Baconator
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 1:13 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Tim Hortons are rumoured to be opening up in the UK, first branch London's West End.....if they stick with what they do here they'll go down well because the likes of Costa and Starbucks offer revolting food and their coffee tastes like mud....and it's far too expensive!

Just googled it.....they have, in fact, opened their West End store already!

Last edited by Dotty P; Jul 22nd 2012 at 1:15 pm. Reason: add info
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

MajesticMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

as i understand it, they have some Spar shop (Kwiki-mart) instore concessions but it's not the same. If it's in the West End I'd imagine it's only there for the Canadian visitors.
I was trying to point out that Canada has plenty of thing we could do with in the UK. Let's start with your low population and then we would love your crime rate and the cherry on top could be your oil and you can have all the Marmite you can eat....sounds fair.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 2:28 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

...hopefully enough Canadians will tell enough Brits about Tims and it'll grow. I can't see how it won't grow, even if it's just for the doughnuts! Maple pecan.....yum! **slurp**

....maple, pecan Marmite?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dozzpot
I'm not moaning but:

2. Fruit cordials / squash
I don't actually like expensive, fizzy tooth-rot and haven't found anywhere to buy bottles of squash yet.
I agree with you about the insurance.

However number 2 got my attention. My wife looked at me gone out when I was walking round a Freshco and loblaws and Costco looking for cordial. She said I would never find it. I can't believe it.

I will be getting my sister to bring some cordial over when she visits. Forget the duty free bring me some blackcurrant cordial.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
I agree with you about the insurance.

However number 2 got my attention. My wife looked at me gone out when I was walking round a Freshco and loblaws and Costco looking for cordial. She said I would never find it. I can't believe it.

I will be getting my sister to bring some cordial over when she visits. Forget the duty free bring me some blackcurrant cordial.
You can buy Ribena at most grocery stores, albeit it is expensive, also Roses Lime cordial. I have seen Robinsons in a couple of stores but you could order it online as well (though I hate to think what the shipping cost would be!).. or else go to your local Brit store, most of them stock it.

Have you tried the frozen cordials, you have to make up a jug of it but it's not too bad!

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:37 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Try Mio too (http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/) which is readily available, and you may find grocery stores that stock Grantham's orange and lemon squash. This site allows you to find where it's sold: http://www.nationalimporters.com/ite...temNbr=2136091
Old Jul 28th 2012, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Define reasonable prices
Have you ever checked their expiry dates?
Fortunately Ive been here that long that those cravings for all things British no longer play an important role in my day to day life in Canada. I can buy them or even have relatives mail them if I so wish but TBH after 24 years over here I dont miss them so have no need to bitch and whine about these things
Sure I would like cheaper auto insurance, a bank that doesnt charge this and that fee, the ability to fly cheaply for a weekend getaway, etc etc
but we also have other advantages by living here that UK residents find hard.
Im happy here others arent just like people are happy in the UK and others arent.
Taken just for you. Some of the prices went up recently.

Old Jul 28th 2012, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We have several Bulk Barns and some might find a 300 gramme tin of Treacle Sponge Pudding at nearly 4 quid is a bit steep
Some of their prices are quite reasonable but Ive seen other UK items in different stores which could be construed as outrageous.
If you consider it value for money and you really want it then I guess you will pay.
Thanks for the pics though.
Now somebody find me where Hollands steak puddings and pies are available
Old Jul 28th 2012, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Are you serious? Surely there must be anchovies?
There are certainly anchovies in supermarkets, perhaps not in the most obvious of locations. You'll often find better selections of anchovies in the smaller markets rather than the large international chains (at least that's the case in Vancouver). Anchovies can be found in smaller Italian markets, Greek markets, Chinese markets, etc. Fresh anchovies can be purchased at fish markets.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 5:41 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Ignore the nay-sayers. They get upset when you point out the all to obvious things that aren't right with this country.

I'll add anchovies to the list. I've never seen them in a supermarket.
or taramasalata
Old Jul 28th 2012, 11:26 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Could you share why? I really like going to Superstore (the Ontario ones), they have better deals most of the time and prices are generally cheaper than at Loblaws.
Originally Posted by bananahammock
I hate it too don't like the layout & their produce is bo**ox
Banana says it all really, it takes two days to get around it, because nothing is in any sort of sensible order and then they have sold out of what you actually went in for and you spend 3x the amount you would usually spend as you see goodies while your lost and getting hungry looking for the things they have sold out of.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:37 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
or taramasalata
Do you miss that too? You've triggered a lovely memory of a fab holiday a few years ago. I actually tried to make some last year - it looked okay but it tasted revolting .... maybe I'll have another bash - my mouth is watering at the thought

J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.