My business propositions so far

My business propositions so far

Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Dozzpot is on a distinguished road
Default My business propositions so far

I'm not moaning but:

1. Car insurance
Open a company offering premiums at half the going rates and I don't see how you can go wrong. It's not like everyone drives like idiots and beyond me why it is so expensive.

2. Fruit cordials / squash
I don't actually like expensive, fizzy tooth-rot and haven't found anywhere to buy bottles of squash yet.

3. Deodorants
Didn't the stick things come and go (because no one likes them!) in the UK years ago? Swedish chemist shop joke: Ball or aerosol? Neither; I want it for my armpits...

4. Tooth string
Another major import opportunity. I am a collector of duff packs of dental floss. They all say "Waxed" but all are capable of extractions if you try and use them with too much force.

5. Obvious stuff
Mail order Cadbury's, Marmite, Branston etc - though I was surprised and pleased to see the LCBO (local Canadian booze office or something) stocks London Pride and a few other delicacies at prices comparable with local refreshments.

Feel free to add to the list...
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:15 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My business propositions so far

Not moaning, just whining!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Exactly! There is a subtle difference.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:50 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dozzpot
Exactly! There is a subtle difference.
Ignore the nay-sayers. They get upset when you point out the all to obvious things that aren't right with this country.

I'll add anchovies to the list. I've never seen them in a supermarket.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:57 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

One of the things that has puzzled me was why wouldn't they [Canadians] just use English money? It would save a lot of hassle for all and would avoid getting fleeced by a bureau de change.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:18 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Canada sucks
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

scheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Ignore the nay-sayers. They get upset when you point out the all to obvious things that aren't right with this country.

Re the anchovies: we eventually found them in Walmart next to the refrigerated pork. Go figure!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

A real bank (not virtual) with no fees and no silly charges?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:31 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think probably just change the name of the UK to Canada - then you get all then benefits while still living in the country you want.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:39 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You can get them at Berry's Bait and Tackle in Richmond.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:40 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to run a franchise of Boots the Chemist. All those lovely deals (BOGOF, 3 for 2 etc) and cheap face creams and toiletries. They sell ball roll-ons and aerosol deodorants and own brand products at next to no price! They also have their reward card....I miss that
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Yes - rattled a few cages there didn't I and all the regulars came out for a snipe. Excellent! Let's all live in blissful ignorance that in fact everything is perfect and nothing is worth commenting on for improvement.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:08 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dozzpot
Yes - rattled a few cages there didn't I and all the regulars came out for a snipe. Excellent! Let's all live in blissful ignorance that in fact everything is perfect and nothing is worth commenting on for improvement.
Yawn, well pat yourself on the back eh, no-one's cages are rattled - I wish they were - this sort of thread has been posted so many times that it just becomes monotonous, call it our little way of entertaining ourselves with trying to post something different each time it comes up.

You could try doing a search and seeing what sensible suggestions have been offered up in the past, but I presume you think your post is unique????
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:27 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be outrageous to say that I prefer stick deodorant? Specifically Gillette gel stuff.

I hope that isn't too contentious
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:34 am
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe the gel stuff is better....should give that one a try. The stick stuff just rolls into greasy balls in your pits.....plain nasty.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.