Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Vancouver in October

Moving to Vancouver in October

Old Jun 26th 2014, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Vancouver in October

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Everyone is different I'm sure it's not the whole of Vancouver though.

Luckily I've been ID'd 3 times in two weeks so I might have a shot if I look younger then what I am
I've found that Vancouver is proactive with ID checking, I got ID'd the other week for the lottery and always get checked at bars, and I'm quite firmly in my mid 20s.

Anyway, as far as Vancouver guys, if you love guys in Tapout or Crooks&castles shirts then you're in luck...
Old Jun 26th 2014, 6:51 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
V small petite Van Asian too it should be noted.
yeah those guys like the shawties
Old Jun 26th 2014, 6:52 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha
you laugh now.

general vancouver men are not alpha - more the B and C, drop out types.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 6:56 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deepcpearl
Not important at all in Vancouver. But unless you want to get hit on, keep her by your side at all times.
I took this to mean that as a guy you'll get hit on a lot, by other fruity Vancouverite men. Because they're all fruity. You know... like that. And that having a female with you would signal to the fruity hordes that you're obviously not a local, as you enjoy the company of women. For more than waxing your hair chest off.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:57 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Photoplex
I took this to mean that as a guy you'll get hit on a lot, by other fruity Vancouverite men. Because they're all fruity. You know... like that. And that having a female with you would signal to the fruity hordes that you're obviously not a local, as you enjoy the company of women. For more than waxing your hair chest off.
Fruity?
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:16 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
you laugh now.

general vancouver men are not alpha - more the B and C, drop out types.
I'll be laughing when I get there as well.

The few guys I met in Vancouver were very nice and friendly, they may not be lookers but I don't really care about that personality will win over that any day
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

deepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond repute

personality will win over that any day
Quite right too. That's how it should be.

Except Canadians aren't known for their personality. After you've been here a few years, you'll understand.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:29 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Except Canadians aren't known for their personality. After you've been here a few years, you'll understand.
Does that go for the women as well - my experience of women in Toronto was they were very stuck up, not too sure with Vancouver though.

Someone posted before about having their girlfriend with them but chances are that won't work - the females will still try and come on to you.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

I have found out that you can generally guess a Canadian's personality by looking at their truck
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Does that go for the women as well - my experience of women in Toronto was they were very stuck up, not too sure with Vancouver though.

Someone posted before about having their girlfriend with them but chances are that won't work - the females will still try and come on to you.
I wouldn't say Vancouver is stuck up, but its certainly a clique oriented city, if you can find your way into one, you'll likely find friends, and friendly people, but if not, then you may find people to be cold, in a hurry, and not interested.

BC isn't exactly the friendliest province out there, of the 3 I've lived in, BC is the hardest to meet people and make friends in.

Vancouver is known for dating difficulty for single, more then 1 article has been written on it.

Originally Posted by TheAwesomeMatt
I've found that Vancouver is proactive with ID checking, I got ID'd the other week for the lottery and always get checked at bars, and I'm quite firmly in my mid 20s.
Some places make it policy to ID anyone and everyone regardless of what age they appear to stay consistent for their staff, ask everyone, and you don't need to worry about under age sales.

I am 35, and I am still ID'd at bars more times then not in Vancouver.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:50 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Except Canadians aren't known for their personality.
Unlike yourself, of course.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:52 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

Vancouver is known for dating difficulty for single, more then 1 article has been written on it.
Yeah I have read a couple of articles on this. Also been informed Victoria is easier to make friends.

There must be a lot of very fussy singletons in the city
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:02 pm

there are.

there are also a lot of weirdos, hence the fussiness.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Fruity?
he/she is in calgary, maybe that's the term they use there instead of gay.

i guess.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:22 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
he/she is in calgary, maybe that's the term they use there instead of gay.

i guess.
Fruity Pride.. Just not the same ring is it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.