Reload this Page >

Moving to Saskatoon

Moving to Saskatoon

Old Mar 18th 2012, 5:50 pm
ZIG
Forum Regular

ZIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Saskatoon

I have until 3 September this year to enter and validate our permanent residence visas. We are family of four and I am moving to Saskatoon by the middle of next month. My family will join me later. I have few questions and would appreciate your responses;

1. I will be landing in Calgary and than travelling onward to Saskatoon in next few days. Is it OK to land in different province (Alberta) and provide permanent address of different province (Saskatchewan) for PR cards to arrive?

2. As I will be coming alone, do I need to provide fund evidence for myself only or for whole family. What evidences are acceptable and what is the maximum amount of cash I can carry with myself?

Thanks in anticipation
Old Mar 18th 2012, 8:14 pm
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Saskatoon

Originally Posted by ZIG
I have until 3 September this year to enter and validate our permanent residence visas. We are family of four and I am moving to Saskatoon by the middle of next month. My family will join me later. I have few questions and would appreciate your responses;

1. I will be landing in Calgary and than travelling onward to Saskatoon in next few days. Is it OK to land in different province (Alberta) and provide permanent address of different province (Saskatchewan) for PR cards to arrive?

2. As I will be coming alone, do I need to provide fund evidence for myself only or for whole family. What evidences are acceptable and what is the maximum amount of cash I can carry with myself?

Thanks in anticipation
hi zig,
we have lived in saskatoon now for 5 years and what we did was we had to print of the email a document which had official individual case numbers for me and my wife which allowed us to land in canada.
you have to fly direct to calgary from gatwick or where ever, when we got to Calgary to show our passports we had to go through immigration,there they asked a few questions and showed then the document with the case numbers on it,they printed off paper work stamped the passport then we got our connecting flight to Saskatoon.
we stayed in a hotel first then a condo then we brought a house,we got our pr with in 6 months of landing,l am not sure about the money side of things sorry.
hope this helps a bit
ps.
we have no regrets about leaving the uk,saskatoon is a nice city to live in.
take care.