Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Sarnia ON(job opportunities)

Moving to Sarnia ON(job opportunities)

Old Aug 5th 2007, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

ella69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Sarnia ON(job opportunities)

Hi
Just wanted to know how the job market is in Sarnia On.
Hubby has a job there but was wondering how the job market for non engineers etc. Also can I live in Sarnia and commute to work in London ON everyday.
We are moving from Calgary to Alberta.
Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:58 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Sarnia ON(job opportunities)

i would say check monster.ca and jobbank for jobs in the area....depends on your area of work!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ella69
Also can I live in Sarnia and commute to work in London ON everyday.
It'd take 90 minutes each way and be very weather prone. At the limit of feasibility I'd say.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

watergirl73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've lived in Sarnia for over 25 years so ask away any questions you want.... to get to Londond takes under an hour most times... 45-60 mins... if you want to commute... jobs in Sarnia are limited to engineers ,nurses,doctors,dentists,hygentists,etc but most are minimum wage jobs hence why I moved away from my family who all live there still... I LOVE SARNIA and if you can find work there .. MOVE it's beautiful and a great place to raise children... If I could be there I'd be there in a heartbeat.....
Old Aug 11th 2007, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough

Check this website:

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Search_en.a...=06&Student=No

compare salaries and decide which place you want to live in. I think London pays higher than Sarnia in some jobs (of course, it depends on what type of job you're looking for). 45-60 minutes each way is a long commute, don't you think (especially during winter time)?. Also, I think, there's no "expressway or freeway" in London, ON which will make it more difficult for commuting or even driving (going to Sarnia) especially during bad weather.

Originally Posted by ella69
Hi
Just wanted to know how the job market is in Sarnia On.
Hubby has a job there but was wondering how the job market for non engineers etc. Also can I live in Sarnia and commute to work in London ON everyday.
We are moving from Calgary to Alberta.
Thanks