Reload this Page >

Moving to Montreal in May

Moving to Montreal in May

Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Dibbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Montreal in May

Hello All

Moving with husband as he is being transferred with his company, temporarily initially but if we like it hope to stay. I hope to start the ball rolling to get a job, am a midwife, when we get there. Company moving it all through very quickly - no time to draw breath - but we are all very excited. Well husband and I are, 3 year old son doesn't really understand and says he wants to go and live with his aunty, uncle and cousins.

Husband French and we 'parlez le lingo' so looking forward to living in a bilingual place.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Dibbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Montreal in May

forgot to say, moving to Montreal!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dibbles
Hello All

Moving with husband as he is being transferred with his company, temporarily initially but if we like it hope to stay. I hope to start the ball rolling to get a job, am a midwife, when we get there. Company moving it all through very quickly - no time to draw breath - but we are all very excited. Well husband and I are, 3 year old son doesn't really understand and says he wants to go and live with his aunty, uncle and cousins.

Husband French and we 'parlez le lingo' so looking forward to living in a bilingual place.
Just remember that Montreal isn't officially Bilingual. Luckily you both speak French so that's not a problem. Good luck with the move.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to British expats. I wish you every luck with your move to "la belle province". Soon you'll be enjoying delicacies like Poutine. I am also moving to Montreal this year though a little after you.

There are probably some wiki articles which may be able to help you with your plans. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them in the main forum as there are many knowledgeable people on this forum who are able and willing to help you. I've done a lot of research and am happy to share what I've learned.

Welcome again and good luck with everything.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dibbles
Hello All

Hi and welcome to the site

We are in Montreal, well Pointe Claire on the West Island and have been here nearly 5 years.
Husband also french

I was very lucky to have a midwife for my last pregnancy. There are only two 'maison de naissance' in Montreal with high demand so I hope you would be able to practice once you are here.

Any questions, just ask
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:11 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck