British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Moving to Montreal in May (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/moving-montreal-may-523225/)

Dibbles Mar 20th 2008 4:14 pm

Moving to Montreal in May

Hello All

Moving with husband as he is being transferred with his company, temporarily initially but if we like it hope to stay. I hope to start the ball rolling to get a job, am a midwife, when we get there. Company moving it all through very quickly - no time to draw breath - but we are all very excited. Well husband and I are, 3 year old son doesn't really understand and says he wants to go and live with his aunty, uncle and cousins.

Husband French and we 'parlez le lingo' so looking forward to living in a bilingual place.

Dibbles Mar 20th 2008 4:15 pm

Re: Moving to Montreal in May

forgot to say, moving to Montreal!

Elaine B. Mar 20th 2008 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dibbles (Post 6089585)
Hello All

Moving with husband as he is being transferred with his company, temporarily initially but if we like it hope to stay. I hope to start the ball rolling to get a job, am a midwife, when we get there. Company moving it all through very quickly - no time to draw breath - but we are all very excited. Well husband and I are, 3 year old son doesn't really understand and says he wants to go and live with his aunty, uncle and cousins.

Husband French and we 'parlez le lingo' so looking forward to living in a bilingual place.

Just remember that Montreal isn't officially Bilingual. Luckily you both speak French so that's not a problem. Good luck with the move.:thumbsup:

britsnake Mar 20th 2008 4:31 pm

Welcome to British expats. I wish you every luck with your move to "la belle province". Soon you'll be enjoying delicacies like Poutine. I am also moving to Montreal this year though a little after you.

There are probably some wiki articles which may be able to help you with your plans. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them in the main forum as there are many knowledgeable people on this forum who are able and willing to help you. I've done a lot of research and am happy to share what I've learned.

Welcome again and good luck with everything.

tallperson Mar 20th 2008 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dibbles (Post 6089585)
Hello All

Hi and welcome to the site

We are in Montreal, well Pointe Claire on the West Island and have been here nearly 5 years.
Husband also french :)

I was very lucky to have a midwife for my last pregnancy. There are only two 'maison de naissance' in Montreal with high demand so I hope you would be able to practice once you are here.

Any questions, just ask :)

The4BellsLondon Mar 20th 2008 5:11 pm

Good luck ;)