Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to BC from Germany(Iam British)

Moving to BC from Germany(Iam British)

Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

meanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant future
Default Moving to BC from Germany(Iam British)

hello everyone just thought i would say hello there.Iam hoping to move to Vancouver i have a job offer as Formwork Carpenter(shuttering chippy) and iam hoping everything will work out.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:30 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to BC from Germany(Iam British)

Originally Posted by meanjock
hello everyone just thought i would say hello there.Iam hoping to move to Vancouver i have a job offer as Formwork Carpenter(shuttering chippy) and iam hoping everything will work out.
Hello and good luck!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 5:29 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Hope it all works out for you.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

meanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ellsie
Hope it all works out for you.
Thankx
Old Apr 12th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Hi and welcome.

Hope everything works out for you.

Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Poppy9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck
Vancouver is great so far (2mths in)!
P
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

silentwispers is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am also British living in Dortmund Germany thinking about moving to Canada be talking to a transport firm Yanke over the telephone, but when looking though the net, it gets very confusing,which is the first step to make
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silentwispers
hi i am also British living in Dortmund Germany thinking about moving to Canada be talking to a transport firm Yanke over the telephone, but when looking though the net, it gets very confusing,which is the first step to make
Hi silentwispers,
Welcome to BE,I think Karla03 and hubby are coming over to Saskatchewan
for interview by Yanke and other trucking companies.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...69#post4667069
Hope that helps.
Yoong
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi i got the job offer throught the Canada job-fair in berlin two months ago. there was also truck firms there. here are some of the firms that are looking for truck drivers
www.funkstransport.com
www.dallastransport.com
www.ayrmotor.com
www.keetransport.com
www.challenger.com

I also heard that if you have a British liecence you have to be retrained.That you must pay for the training yourself. good luck
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Dont know how it works with truck firms but the firm i will hopefully be working for had to get something called a LMO first then i can apply for the visa depends what way the firms goes. Its very confusing at the start lots of paper work but if you read the posts on here the people here a very helpfull