British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Moving to BC from Germany(Iam British) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/moving-bc-germany-iam-british-441453/)

meanjock Apr 11th 2007 6:57 pm

Moving to BC from Germany(Iam British)

hello everyone just thought i would say hello there.Iam hoping to move to Vancouver i have a job offer as Formwork Carpenter(shuttering chippy):thumbsup: and iam hoping everything will work out.

gloveman Apr 11th 2007 8:30 pm

Re: Moving to BC from Germany(Iam British)

Originally Posted by meanjock (Post 4627805)
hello everyone just thought i would say hello there.Iam hoping to move to Vancouver i have a job offer as Formwork Carpenter(shuttering chippy):thumbsup: and iam hoping everything will work out.

Hello and good luck! :D

ellsie Apr 12th 2007 5:29 am

Hope it all works out for you. :thumbup:

meanjock Apr 12th 2007 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ellsie (Post 4630255)
Hope it all works out for you. :thumbup:

Thankx:thumbsup:

NovaBoy Apr 12th 2007 5:33 pm

Hi and welcome.

Hope everything works out for you.

:thumbsup:

Poppy9 Apr 14th 2007 4:12 pm

Good Luck
Vancouver is great so far (2mths in)!
P

silentwispers Apr 23rd 2007 6:39 pm

hi i am also British living in Dortmund Germany thinking about moving to Canada be talking to a transport firm Yanke over the telephone, but when looking though the net, it gets very confusing,which is the first step to make

Yoong Apr 23rd 2007 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by silentwispers (Post 4686182)
hi i am also British living in Dortmund Germany thinking about moving to Canada be talking to a transport firm Yanke over the telephone, but when looking though the net, it gets very confusing,which is the first step to make

Hi silentwispers,
Welcome to BE,I think Karla03 and hubby are coming over to Saskatchewan
for interview by Yanke and other trucking companies.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...69#post4667069
Hope that helps.
Yoong

meanjock Apr 24th 2007 8:58 am

Hi i got the job offer throught the Canada job-fair in berlin two months ago. there was also truck firms there. here are some of the firms that are looking for truck drivers
www.funkstransport.com
www.dallastransport.com
www.ayrmotor.com
www.keetransport.com
www.challenger.com

I also heard that if you have a British liecence you have to be retrained.That you must pay for the training yourself. good luck

meanjock Apr 24th 2007 9:03 am

Dont know how it works with truck firms but the firm i will hopefully be working for had to get something called a LMO first then i can apply for the visa depends what way the firms goes. Its very confusing at the start lots of paper work but if you read the posts on here the people here a very helpfull