Moving to BC

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

tony3520 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to BC

Hello all

I am looking for a bit of help. We want to move to BC, probably in and around the Kamloops area. Is it better if I come across for a week or two and go around the agencies to find a job? I do qualify for the Skilled workers program and want to get to the next stage.
Is there any other paperwork that I should have filled out before I come across.

Cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to BC

Originally Posted by tony3520
Hello all

I am looking for a bit of help. We want to move to BC, probably in and around the Kamloops area. Is it better if I come across for a week or two and go around the agencies to find a job? I do qualify for the Skilled workers program and want to get to the next stage.
Is there any other paperwork that I should have filled out before I come across.

Cheers
Hi ,Wecome to BE.
Try the following sites http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/JobResult_e...ent&Student=No
www.workopolis.com
www.monster.ca
Below is one of the discussion threads on Kamloops.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=kamloops
Hopefully the other members will advise you about the immigration
process.Good luck.
Yoong

Last edited by Yoong; Jun 3rd 2007 at 7:31 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Many Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:36 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, Tony.

Entering Canada via the skilled worker route is taking in excess of 4 years. Because you would not be able to get to Canada for a long time if you submitted an application for a permanent residence visa, it's unlikely that any Canadian employer would offer you a job at this stage. Besides that, even if they did offer you a job, that -- on its own -- would not speed up your PR application.

You may find it useful to read the following BE Wiki articles:
Canadian Immigration Overview

Careers in Canada (includes job hunting, networking, and converting a British CV into a Canadian resume)

Kamloops
Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi Judy thanks for the info.

I was actually thinking about the Provincial Nominee program.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, here is a link for Kamloops http://www.kamloops.ca/index.shtml Good luck!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link