Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Mortgage broker in Halifax area

Mortgage broker in Halifax area

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Mortgage broker in Halifax area

Can anyone recommend a mortgage broker in the Halifax area? We were refused a pre approval mortgage through ING due to our lack of credit history. I explained that we could provide UK credit history but it did no good. I'm thinking that a mortgage broker might be a good way to go but would like some recommendations.

Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:28 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mortgage broker in Halifax area

Originally Posted by rgilbert
Can anyone recommend a mortgage broker in the Halifax area? We were refused a pre approval mortgage through ING due to our lack of credit history. I explained that we could provide UK credit history but it did no good. I'm thinking that a mortgage broker might be a good way to go but would like some recommendations.

Thanks
Elaine Trask
Accredited Mortgage Professional
Mortgage Advantage Inc.- Halifax
7075 Bayer Road
Halifax
B3L 2C1

Tel: 902 877 3462
Fax: 902 835 6936

She is fabulous and will go above and beyond to find a lender for you. Just tell her I passed on her name.

Good luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:46 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I know Poppy2 has recommended her in the past, perhaps you could PM her and she could pass you the info, I know she was pleased with the results she got.

Hope this helps a bit
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

poface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rgilbert

Thanks
Hi
We used Catherine Fitsimmons from RBC she was fantastic. Please pm me if you need more info
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

we have a good one pm us we will send you here mail, very helpfull lady
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poface
Hi
We used Catherine Fitsimmons from RBC she was fantastic. Please pm me if you need more info
Horses for courses, but we first used Catherine and found her to be very underhanded, telling us one thing doing another, after 2 months backwards & forwards and a few major disappointments due to unkept promises we found another broker who sorted us out within 3 days.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

poface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dormy
Horses for courses, but we first used Catherine and found her to be very underhanded, telling us one thing doing another, after 2 months backwards & forwards and a few major disappointments due to unkept promises we found another broker who sorted us out within 3 days.
Hi
In reply to your post regarding Catherine. I arrived in Canada 30th August, met with her on the 1st September, Got a mortgage agreed the following day and moved into the house 9 days later! Nothing underhanded there. She was very professional from day one and more than helpful throughout.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:15 pm
Banned

irishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to all

We have details of one in Truro.

Very quick, we got our answer in about a week or so.

Positive decision
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:17 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishsamx
We have details of one in Truro.

Very quick, we got our answer in about a week or so.

Positive decision
Hi

Would you mind pm me the info, I am trying to start a list of useful contacts

Thanks
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

HSBC in Halifax were fantastic. Mortgage pre approved no problem without our PR and a cracking interest rate also.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Smile Re: Mortgage broker in Halifax area

Originally Posted by poface
Hi
In reply to your post regarding Catherine. I arrived in Canada 30th August, met with her on the 1st September, Got a mortgage agreed the following day and moved into the house 9 days later! Nothing underhanded there. She was very professional from day one and more than helpful throughout.
Have to agree with Poface.
We used catherine and so have several of our friends. She has been the most helpful and trustworthy person we have encountered here. She was in constant contact through the whole process and has been since taking out our Mortgage.
Cannot recommend her highly enough!!!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Winston Green
Have to agree with Poface.
We used catherine and so have several of our friends. She has been the most helpful and trustworthy person we have encountered here. She was in constant contact through the whole process and has been since taking out our Mortgage.
Cannot recommend her highly enough!!!!!!
Guess we just caught her at a bad time, unluckily for us!