Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

More reasons to leave the uk

More reasons to leave the uk

Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:26 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: More reasons to leave the uk

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Anyway if selling the big issue isn't up your street there are some other ways of earning a living............................................ .....................see attachment...
lol!

Reminds me of a 'breast self-exam' advert that ran in Canada a few years back.

Oh and hey... a quick google and here it is!

http://gprime.net/video.php/canadianbreastexam

(don't worry moderators... no giant roosters )
Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
lol!

lol funny
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

deborah mccarthy has a spectacular aura aboutdeborah mccarthy has a spectacular aura aboutdeborah mccarthy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
lol!

LOL Did the advert work?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by deborah mccarthy
LOL Did the advert work?
yes Liam loved it!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Laughing Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if canada has british style council estates, you know - burnt out cars, packs of hyenas...i mean chavs roaming the streets, needles on the pavement ect...

The fact that canadians grow huge (an seem to be getting bigger) makes this a scary prospect.

Still cant be worse than a scottish one.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 11:24 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laughing Man
Worse than a Scottish one !!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean !!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Worse than a Scottish one !!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean !!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie
Ah mean ahve lived in council estates here in scotland and theyre s**t, junkie havens and misery, when i hear the words "Scottish devolution" i tend to think of these baseball capped monkeys slowly regressing into buckie drinking amobias.

I only use scottish schemes as an example as ive never been to a english or welsh one.

chill
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:06 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering if canada has british style council estates, you know - burnt out cars, packs of hyenas...i mean chavs roaming the streets, needles on the pavement ect...

The fact that canadians grow huge (an seem to be getting bigger) makes this a scary prospect.

Yes they do. Not as big in BC, but they are all here with the same problems and then some. The burnt out cars tend to stay on reserves however, but the dogs, drugs and canadian chavs are here in abundance.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

Not really.
Canada has public housing estates, but they're not as bad as UK council estates. Mostly they're full of new immigrants.
Toronto has Regent Park, St James Town, Jane & Finch and Moss Park. They're dumps no doubt about it, but they're not on a par with places like Easterhouse or Gipton! :scared:
I regularly pass Regent Park without any problems, however I wouldn't dare walk through Seacroft or Gipton in Leeds. If chavs didn't attack you, the hoardes of stray dogs or joyriders would.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dingbat
Yes they do. Not as big in BC, but they are all here with the same problems and then some. The burnt out cars tend to stay on reserves however, but the dogs, drugs and canadian chavs are here in abundance.
They're not as bad as British estates in my opinion.
Certainly I've never seen anything approaching places like Openshaw in Manchester. That is truly horrific!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:29 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seacreature
They're not as bad as British estates in my opinion.
Certainly I've never seen anything approaching places like Openshaw in Manchester. That is truly horrific!
I would have to agree about Openshaw. Some of the estates in Kent and North London I have been on/lived on are also in a league of their own.
I remember parking outside a friends house in Faversham once, I was inside for less than ten minutes and came out to find my car on bricks, the radio gone and the badge thingy's ripped off.

Here in sunny BC, I have had tires slashed (although that was work related I have to admit) my van has been keyed several times, it has been broken into three times, badges have been nicked, and glove compartments ransacked for change by druggies downtown.

Last edited by dingbat; Apr 28th 2005 at 1:41 am.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Yeah its that whole underage hooch drinking in groups of thirty im not too keen on - saw bunch of kids the other day couldent have been more than 14 all wasted on buckfast. Not cool
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:54 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deborah mccarthy
LOL Did the advert work?
Yeah. Cam, he was great!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

deborah mccarthy has a spectacular aura aboutdeborah mccarthy has a spectacular aura aboutdeborah mccarthy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dingbat
I would have to agree about Openshaw. Some of the estates in Kent and North London I have been on/lived on are also in a league of their own.
I remember parking outside a friends house in Faversham once, I was inside for less than ten minutes and came out to find my car on bricks, the radio gone and the badge thingy's ripped off.

Here in sunny BC, I have had tires slashed (although that was work related I have to admit) my van has been keyed several times, it has been broken into three times, badges have been nicked, and glove compartments ransacked for change by druggies downtown.
I live in Birkenhead just the same I was at a friends party (in her house on an bad estste) and a kid no more than 11/12 knocked and asked if anyone wanted to buy a car radio. After the party goes were leaving the reolised it was from one of the cars out side the house the party was at. Bear faced cheek
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Phil&Kirsteen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
Canada is no different..Tax return time here, dont get me started. Not so much those on benefits, but Im not sure how refugees are entitled to the benefits they recieve how come they are treated differently to all other canadian residents, am I missing something?
Hmm... Could be the refugees are treated differently because they've been tortured in their homeland and you and I generally aren't. Or it could be that they've suffered through a genocide (ie Sudan). Or maybe they opposed an unjust regime and were thrown into prison and severely beaten and their family threatened. Which all generally does set them apart from you and me and other canadians (unless inner-city Toronto has really gone downhill lately)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.