Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

More 4 X 4 stuff

More 4 X 4 stuff

Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:13 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More 4 X 4 stuff

Originally Posted by Stuarty
He must be a gynaecologist.
IMHO He has the look of a roaming dead-of-night underwear thief
Perhaps, underneath the dungarees, he is adjusting his thong

Rich.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
IMHO He has the look of a roaming dead-of-night underwear thief
Perhaps, underneath the dungarees, he is adjusting his thong

Rich.
Hey Rich, I have been checking out this Truck forum for ideas, some of the post are by regular 'Good Ol Boys' and one or 2 are obviously nuts, some are quite sensible which is worrying
http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/...2;sa=expand;#2
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:18 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
IME:

It's ugly though I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder.

It's very practical as the interior is all washable and it has rubber floor mats, Honda says you can hose it out but that's stretching things slightly. It has all manner of storage bins and cubbyholes. The rear seats are fold down to make a bed (there's a sunroof so one can in bed and look at the stars) as well as up to the sides. The latter option provides a fair amount of space, enough for several bikes, but accentuates the already problematic blind spots. Removing the rear seats provides a huge space. The rear seats are high in the vehicle and would, I think, be bad for anyone prone to car sickness. The rear door is split horizontally and we've been able to fit two kayaks by leaving the rear window open and having them stick out, using the roof rack would be another option.

It has a good radio and powerful heat and air. The heater fan is very loud.

The traction (it has 4wd) is pretty good, I drove it through the manure pile in winter (frozen) and spring (very wet) and up a muddy 45 degree slope to the barn. It kept going though with much wheel spin. It's as good on mud as the Escape and better than the Mustang(!) It's very easy to park as it has a small turning circle and square corners. It doesn't have much go and the difference between carrying dog and child, 70lbs and 8st respectively, and not carrying them is noticeable on hills. It's surprisingly good in crosswinds, not like a Sidekick or Dodge Caravan which will lunge for the ditch.

It's cheap to buy except that everything is a option. There are all manner of pieces to improve the interior, nets, camping tables and so on, all priced separately so one must be careful about the total bill.

otoh, it's not very well built, it uses a lot of windshields (better than one per year) which I think is due to the body flexing causing them to crack across; they break the same way each time. The gas line keeps falling off the tank causing petrol to drip into the road. It has a big square front which contributes to the astonishing gas consumption (the last two tanks took us 173 and 190 miles respectively) so, all in all, it's not cheap to run. The paint quality isn't very good, we have horse teeth marks on the bonnet, like deep scratches, and the paint is flaking off around them, something I wouldn't expect from the Fords I usually drive.

I personally hate it but have tried to be objective.
you have been, top post, thanks a lot.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:21 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Here's the essential clothing to match ya truck.

Rich.
s..queeell piggy s..queeell