Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moderator and Rules (flaming etc)

Paul (the owner of this site) has asked me to moderate this forum. I have agreed to do this.

I realise its a thankless task and no I am Not being paid or anything else to help out. What I want to see is a forum with less of the fluff of recent days and more on topic stuff.

So some guidelines would be in order
1) No flaming!
2) This is primarily a forum for dicussion about Canadian lifestyle and culture for those coming to and those already here from the UK. I don't think posting of news articles unless they are relevant to this area should be posted here - the lounge is the best place for that. So articles about Bird Flu, Whether Nasa has sexed up mars pictures or last Saturdays premiership results should be posted in lounge

I also know you can't please everyone all the time and alot of what moderators do is subjective - ie what I think is outiside of this forum isn't necessarily what everyone else will agree with.

If you have a complaint about a post or want to draw my attention to something please PM or email me. I am on the forum most days though not 24/7

Hopefully we can get this forum back on track !

Ray

Last edited by ray1968; Jan 11th 2006 at 3:43 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

citizen is an unknown quantity at this point

whhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooosssshhhhhhhhhh!!

someones in for a mithering
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ray1968
Paul (the owner of this site) has asked me to moderate this forum. I have agreed to do this.

I realise its a thankless task and no I am Not being paid or anything else to help out. What I want to see is a forum with less of the fluff of recent days and more on topic stuff.

1) No flaming!

sorry ray, but what is flaming?

dean
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

now if you can explain what a mithering is ..sorry I ain't from Oakville!!

Flaming - is name calling or putting down someone on a forum
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

That's good news. This forum has been crying out for a little moderation just recently. If it could go back to how it was just about a week a go I'd be very happy about that.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

well if someone is being a pest you can get rid of them by mithering them, you know, hound them out!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have deleted a number of threads including the "name calling" one - if you want to reprt a post on this forum report it to me and let me look into it....the post in question had resulted in a flame war ..(name calling etc)
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:51 am
Just Joined

robert.h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by citizen

Yup was "GUNNER"
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:09 am
Just Joined

robert.h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by citizen

Now thats a yorkshire / lancs word for yer...

gonna guess at lancs.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

aye lad, lancs it is
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:09 pm
s1lv3rsh4dow

Originally posted by ray1968
I have deleted a number of threads including the "name calling" one - if you want to reprt a post on this forum report it to me and let me look into it....the post in question had resulted in a flame war ..(name calling etc)

Must be the thread were robert.H ( Allegedly ) called a certain race, names ! Guys lets just stop all this, if you don't agree with what someone posts, ignore it.

This is why you have a forum, different opinions, who is to say what is right and wrong about canadian lifestyles and culture.

If you read Paul ( The administrator ) read me post, he did stress there that this is " A canadian lifestyle and culture forum", and that if you have an immigration question, it should be posted on the immigration canada forum.

Worth reading again, if you missed it first time around

Last edited by s1lv3rsh4dow; Feb 12th 2004 at 1:42 pm.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

s1lv3rsh4dow, many thanks for reminding us as to how this forum should be used.

Actually up to a week or so ago it was all ticking over very nicely and then we had all manner of threads started that had absolutely nothing to do with the main focus of this forum. Fortunately it seems to have settled down again which is great because I've always found this a helpful and informative place to visit even if the occasional immigration topic creeps in. After all, the forum is all about moving to Canada too.

Anyway with a newly appointed Moderator we need not worry about inappropriate postings as we have someone keeping an eye out.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Finally!

I used to come here quite a few times a day but recently not so as for me there really wasn't much to read and I totally forgot about it.

Some people probably have seen that I am not a fan of living in Canada but it doesn't stop me taking an interest in where I live and helping out people if I can.

Good luck in your moderating duties although it can be tough at times as I run a messageboard.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

i dont think we can expect ray to be on call 24 hours, so things may slip by him for a while. but if he can keep it running smoothly and keep any nonsense off then great

you do have another business to run eh! ray
Old Mar 20th 2004, 2:46 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moderator

Originally posted by ray1968

1) No flaming!
2) This is primarily a forum for dicussion about Canadian lifestyle and culture for those coming to and those already here from the UK. I don't think posting of news articles unless they are relevant to this area should be posted here - the lounge is the best place for that. So articles about Bird Flu, Whether Nasa has sexed up mars pictures or last Saturdays premiership results should be posted in lounge

I also know you can't please everyone all the time and alot of what moderators do is subjective - ie what I think is outiside of this forum isn't necessarily what everyone else will agree with.

If you have a complaint about a post or want to draw my attention to something please PM or email me. I am on the forum most days though not 24/7

Hopefully we can get this forum back on track !

Ray
I just want to know if Ray looks like that avatar!

I'm picturing him like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.