Old Mar 20th 2004, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thats me in my other role as an office manager. Its certainly someone whom I wish t emulate in terms of management style

Ray
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

scjager is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moderator

Originally Posted by ray1968
Paul (the owner of this site) has asked me to moderate this forum. I have agreed to do this.

I realise its a thankless task and no I am Not being paid or anything else to help out. What I want to see is a forum with less of the fluff of recent days and more on topic stuff.

So some guidelines would be in order
1) No flaming!
2) This is primarily a forum for dicussion about Canadian lifestyle and culture for those coming to and those already here from the UK. I don't think posting of news articles unless they are relevant to this area should be posted here - the lounge is the best place for that. So articles about Bird Flu, Whether Nasa has sexed up mars pictures or last Saturdays premiership results should be posted in lounge

I also know you can't please everyone all the time and alot of what moderators do is subjective - ie what I think is outiside of this forum isn't necessarily what everyone else will agree with.

If you have a complaint about a post or want to draw my attention to something please PM or email me. I am on the forum most days though not 24/7

Hopefully we can get this forum back on track !

Ray
Hi there I'm new to all this and was wondering whats the best place on the web site to place questions to other UK people who are/have emigrated to Tornoto Canada, I posted one question in the lounge but got a load of messages of poeple just ranting to each other pretty dazed by that experience!
Look forward to your reply.

SJ
Old Sep 21st 2004, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Taffia will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Moderator

I came to Toronto, from Wales,many moons ago. Actually I had been in the M.N. for 7yrs.,& when I was on leave, I found The UK to be so cramped after sailing to the US,Canada Australia, to name a few countries.
I lived in T.O. for 2 years, then moved around the Country, finally settling in mid-Northern Ontario, where I've lived for over 30 yrs.
This is definitely the Country to live, if you can stand the Winters. Cold, & lots of snow.
Not wanting to sound like the Fathers' who,when they were kids, walked knee-deep in snow to school, no boots, & 4 mls. uphill------bothways, I gotta add that the Highways are ploughed, & we dress accordingly.
God's country.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scjager
Hi there I'm new to all this and was wondering whats the best place on the web site to place questions to other UK people who are/have emigrated to Tornoto Canada, I posted one question in the lounge but got a load of messages of poeple just ranting to each other pretty dazed by that experience!

SJ

Post in the lifestyle - Canada forum
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scjager

SJ
The lounge is just a general melting pot, things regarding lifestyle, like your question, probably best asked here, but if it regards visa's, then in the immigration section.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice
Question Re: Moderator

We're thinking of moving to Belleville Ontario. Does anyone know of any good Welsh/British expat forums/groups for this area or any other useful positive or negative information on this area?
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Taffia will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Moderator

Hi WelshMountie,
It's a few years since I drove through the Belleville area, but it was a nice towm.A College town, so expect a few Yobboes,(they seem to bloom wherever young gentlemen band together.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the job situation, but there could be openings in your profession.
I'm not much help in that regard, but we drive on the right side of he road.The speed signs are in KPH, though I still convert to MPH in my mind.
It's about 45 mins. from Toronto, on Hwy 401, & I believe Mosport, the racetrack, is close to Belleville.
If I can be of more help,lemme know.
Johnny
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

jaynie35uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by babsi
Finally!

I used to come here quite a few times a day but recently not so as for me there really wasn't much to read and I totally forgot about it.

Some people probably have seen that I am not a fan of living in Canada but it doesn't stop me taking an interest in where I live and helping out people if I can.

Good luck in your moderating duties although it can be tough at times as I run a messageboard.
Hello Babsi and everyone else..., im english and married to a canadian, we currently live in England but are relocating to canada in about 6 yrs time, when my 2 eldest daughters finish their education here, im interested in why your not a fan of canada, ive only visited the country once and that was Ontario, it wasnt really long enough to get to know the place, but my first impressions where that it seemed very basic to england standards and a bit behind the times, HELP!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that the reason for all the negativity about Canada, they all picked the wrong province!! Alberta is where it's at!!