Default Re: Meet up in Southern England

Originally Posted by steved61
Yes near orpington

Hever castle is approx £26 for castle and gardens for a family of 4

here is there link
http://www.hever-castle.co.uk/pdfs/8...aflet%20UK.PDF

Arundel was bit more expensive

I will keep looking at other options as well

Bodium castle if i remember rightly does have a lot of grounds around it and you just pay if you want to go into castle

I will keep checking

regards

Steve
Hi Steve,

There is a very nice place in Arundel called Swanbourne lake. It has a lake (DUH!) and a nice grassy area for rounders, cricket etc. There is also a nice pub called the black rabbit. Arundel is not usually too busy either and fairly easy to get in and out of. Just a thought
Old Apr 25th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Oh pooh, gutted to say that I will be enjoying/suffering my 10 days of the hospitality of the police convalescent home following my leg injury, from 8th, so won't be around for either dates!
Sounds terrible! I've been there to visit husband on three or four occasions and its more like a luxury hotel!! Lara
Old Apr 25th 2007, 6:30 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by neekie
Hi Steve,

There is a very nice place in Arundel called Swanbourne lake. It has a lake (DUH!) and a nice grassy area for rounders, cricket etc. There is also a nice pub called the black rabbit. Arundel is not usually too busy either and fairly easy to get in and out of. Just a thought
Sounds good to me
Anyone got any objections to this, is it a haven for axe murderers? Is there a secret redlight district? (hey that doesn't sound to bad)

Steve
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Sounds terrible! I've been there to visit husband on three or four occasions and its more like a luxury hotel!! Lara
Oh, guess it will be difficult to lose weight then! And I won't enjoy myself at all.....much!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steved61
Sounds good to me
Anyone got any objections to this, is it a haven for axe murderers? Is there a secret redlight district? (hey that doesn't sound to bad)

Steve
Sounds good to us, hope Arundal can cope with the influx of the likes of us!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi all,
just wondering how long it would take us Brummies to travel down?

Robin,
PM you later, just got in

Cheers all,
Carl
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi all,
just wondering how long it would take us Brummies to travel down?

Robin,
PM you later, just got in

Cheers all,
Carl
Well Carl, according to
AA route planner it's 174.1 miles and they show a time of 2hrs 59 minutes!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

JaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of light

Jase and I are looking to move in the summer to Vancouver. We would be very interested in meeting up with you guys. We live in Manchester but have family in London (two birds with one stone and all that!)

Keep us posted. We're very keen

H & J
</IMG>
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

rain426 will become famous soon enoughrain426 will become famous soon enough

The Black Rabbit in arundel is a great pub, right next to the river (can arrive by boat if you have one)
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:39 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by JaseAndHeth
Jase and I are looking to move in the summer to Vancouver. We would be very interested in meeting up with you guys. We live in Manchester but have family in London (two birds with one stone and all that!)

Keep us posted. We're very keen

H & J
</IMG>
Hi guys

That would be great to see you, just a reminder there is also a get together in sherwood forest this weekend

Regards

Steve
Old Apr 29th 2007, 6:53 pm
spring is coming yeha

Hi guys after a great get together in sherwood forest, the southern meet up was discussed and it was proposed that the date be changed from the 2nd to the 9th June as this was more convienient to some of those coming down.

Would everyone just confirm this is convienient and possibly either pm me or email me to let me know who is coming.

I would suggest a meet up time of 12 midday at swanbourne lake in arundel.

I will try to get there over the next couple of weeks to check the venue out meet up points etc.

If anyone is passing arundel please let me know if you find the venue.

Regards

Steve
Old May 7th 2007, 4:44 pm
spring is coming yeha

Well after braving the wind and rain of a typical english bank holiday, we have reccied the site of the meet up.

Swan bourne lake whilst lovely unfortunately doesn't offer much room for sitting down. So i have found some where nearby.

So meeting place will be Mill RD play ground at 12 midday on he 9th June. There is a picnic table some benches and area for adults to sit and talk. There is also plenty of equipment for the kids to play on. Next door there is a pitch an putt course for the older kids if they want it. There is room for a kick around with a ball. We will be about 5-10min walk to swanbourne lake if anyone fancies feeding the ducks.

Parking is availiable either on the road if you can find a space or opposite the castle entrance is a car park. This is then a 2min walk to the play ground.

The castle entrance is near the stone bridge crossing the thames at the bottom end of arundel.

Entry for those interested to the castle is not particulary cheap £13 for adults £7.50 for kids although once again fairly nice walk

If anyone wants my mobile number please PM/email me.

Regards

Steve
Old May 7th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

hi
think we'll probably we down for this weekend too

see you soon
Kristi & Karl
Old May 7th 2007, 5:59 pm
spring is coming yeha

Great kristi we look forward to seeing you there

Steve
Old May 7th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi Steve,

just to say hi to you all, hope you are all keeping well.

We can't make either dates I'm sorry, we have b-days and Trace is doing the run for life at Worcester on the 9th, so we will be away all weekend.

Sounds like a good meet up and we are really sorry we can't make it.

We will keep checking the thread and if anything changes will try and sort something out.

Best wishes to all,
Carl & Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.