Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meet up in Southern England

Meet up in Southern England

Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:18 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice
Thumbs up Meet up in Southern England

Hi guys

Further to the meet up in Sherwood forest on the 28th April. It has been mentioned about a meet up in the south of england. I was looking at sometime around late May early June. If anyone is interested or has suggestions on venue or time. please feel free to reply

Regards

Steve
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:17 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet up in Southern England

Originally Posted by steved61
Hi guys

Further to the meet up in Sherwood forest on the 28th April. It has been mentioned about a meet up in the south of england. I was looking at sometime around late May early June. If anyone is interested or has suggestions on venue or time. please feel free to reply

Regards

Steve
Hiya
We would be up for coming along. I guess you need to get a feel for potential distan ces for people before settling on a location, although "all roads lead to London" in a sense!
Cheers
Flossie

Or perhaps somewhere half way between, say London and Birmingham???

Last edited by Flossie and Jim; Apr 24th 2007 at 8:41 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi fella's,
think we would be up for the trip, don't mind travelling from Birmingham. let us know where is suggested please.
ta,
carl
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:42 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

How about brighton (may be busy on weekend), robin (gadget family suggested meet up by beach) or maybe camber sands. Camber sands would be great for sandy beach, good for beach games. dymchurch not to far away for pub/lunch

Steve

Camber sands Also would be good for camping

Last edited by steved61; Apr 24th 2007 at 8:45 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:48 pm
spring is coming yeha

If coast is to far maybe windsor. Good castle lovely town right by the river
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:49 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

How about brighton (may be busy on weekend), robin (gadget family suggested meet up by beach) or maybe camber sands. Camber sands would be great for sandy beach, good for beach games. dymchurch not to far away for pub/lunch

Steve

Camber sands Also would be good for camping
Last memory I have of Camber Sands was downing a bottle of martini and falling asleep on the beach and then waking up with a stonking hangover with sand EVERYWHERE - Ugh!!!
(But it was quite a while ago!!!)
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:52 pm
spring is coming yeha

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Last memory I have of Camber Sands was downing a bottle of martini and falling asleep on the beach and then waking up with a stonking hangover with sand EVERYWHERE - Ugh!!!
(But it was quite a while ago!!!)

Lol but we are all responsible adults now, and martini is so 80's
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:53 pm
Happy Bunnies

Lol but we are all responsible adults now, and martini is so 80's
Ssssh! Now you are giving away my age!!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:03 pm
Happy Bunnies

Ok, serious time now, here are a few suggestions to throw into the mix, depending on the locations of the majority who want to go:

- Central London: One of the big London Parks e.g. Hyde Park, Green Park, Greenwich Park.

- West of London: Henley on Thames (there is a nice green park area next to the river and rowing museum, with parking that is ideal for a picnic and stroll along the river).

- North of London: Somewhere in the Milton keynes-Cambridge Corridor.

- Between Birmingham & London: Somewhere in the Oxford area.

- Between the South West and South East: New Forest area (thinking of the campers), or perhaps Poole Park, or Bournemouth Beach (although these are a little on the periphery perhaps?)

Flossie
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:11 pm
spring is coming yeha

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Ok, serious time now, here are a few suggestions to throw into the mix, depending on the locations of the majority who want to go:

- Central London: One of the big London Parks e.g. Hyde Park, Green Park, Greenwich Park.

- West of London: Henley on Thames (there is a nice green park area next to the river and rowing museum, with parking that is ideal for a picnic and stroll along the river).

- North of London: Somewhere in the Milton keynes-Cambridge Corridor.

- Between Birmingham & London: Somewhere in the Oxford area.

- Between the South West and South East: New Forest area (thinking of the campers), or perhaps Poole Park, or Bournemouth Beach (although these are a little on the periphery perhaps?)

Flossie
Good suggestions flossie i would rather stay out of central london, oxford not bad, but besides carl most of the people expressing interest are south of london, henley upon thames is very nice, New forest/bournemouth once again very nice but unless we start getting people from devon etc i would rather stay in south/south east.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:23 pm
spring is coming yeha

Ok, would everyone be OK with brighton on the Sat 2nd June. Plenty of bars/restaurants, Lanes for shopping, nice beach, good camping and fairly central for all responders except Carl (sorry carl)

Steve
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, would everyone be OK with brighton on the Sat 2nd June. Plenty of bars/restaurants, Lanes for shopping, nice beach, good camping and fairly central for all responders except Carl (sorry carl)

Steve
That would be fine for us, and we could come on the Trike. Where is the 'good camping'?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Steve
Could have used MIL's hip replacement as an excuse to come to that one - but am in Canada

Gaynor
x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

My brother (English but living in rural Ontario), my partner (American but living near Toronto) and I (too shy to say) will be in a pub in or near Bexhill on the evening of May 8th and probably May 11th and 12th. Will tell all we know in exchange for booze!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
My brother (English but living in rural Ontario), my partner (American but living near Toronto) and I (too shy to say) will be in a pub in or near Bexhill on the evening of May 8th and probably May 11th and 12th. Will tell all we know in exchange for booze!
Oh pooh, gutted to say that I will be enjoying/suffering my 10 days of the hospitality of the police convalescent home following my leg injury, from 8th, so won't be around for either dates!

Thanks for thinking of us all, I would have been there otherwise, 'specially as I now read your blog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.