meet up

Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:50 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meet up

What about the Scottish venue for the immigration show !!!

Its the shows first time up in jock land so I think it will be pretty busy

Yes us jocks do have these shows as well, not all that backward up here !!!

Anyone going to that, its at the SECC in Glasgow on the 25th & 26th March 2006.

Me and the wifey will be going on Saturday the 25th March

So come on jocks, lets see if anyone fancies meeting up at the SECC

For those not in the know SECC stands for Scottish Exibition & Conference Centre

See web site http://www.secc.co.uk/

Eddie
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

happylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by debiharper
Fantastic what an organised person 7th may is good for us.Bath is good for us. Possible venue could be Victoria park and bring a picnic or anywhere where my little devils can be seen but not heard They are not really that bad
Hi again,

I just noticed 7th May is my son's football tournament....could we make it 14th May? Sorry if this messes you around!

Victoria park is fine, (might even get sunshine....!). Nice choice, good for the children to be sure.

Talk to you soon.

Cheers.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Originally Posted by happylandings
Nice choice, good for the children to be sure.
Are you Irish by any chance?
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Voyager970
What about the Scottish venue for the immigration show !!!

Its the shows first time up in jock land so I think it will be pretty busy

Yes us jocks do have these shows as well, not all that backward up here !!!

Anyone going to that, its at the SECC in Glasgow on the 25th & 26th March 2006.

Me and the wifey will be going on Saturday the 25th March

So come on jocks, lets see if anyone fancies meeting up at the SECC

For those not in the know SECC stands for Scottish Exibition & Conference Centre

See web site http://www.secc.co.uk/

Eddie
Get off your high horse , no one said you were backwards up in Scotland, no one was associating the Emigrate show ith just England and no one was precluding the Scots from coming down to Sandown or arranging their own meet at the SECC. The thread was started by Debi, who wanted to meet up with people at the Sandown show.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of

Hi again,

I just noticed 7th May is my son's football tournament....could we make it 14th May? Sorry if this messes you around!

Victoria park is fine, (might even get sunshine....!). Nice choice, good for the children to be sure.

Talk to you soon.

Cheers.
14th May is good also .Anybody else want to come.Victoria park is very beautiful and the play park is huge.There is also nice walks. Might be a bit far for some but it will be a fun day. My friends will think it a bit odd that we are meeting up with people from the net. seeing as we never meet up with them
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi again,

Talk to you soon.

Cheers.
It may be worth considering an alternative venue incase the weather isn't very good. I have no idea of family pibs in Bath, although I think I remember a big place on the way out to the Bristol ringroad, or opposite the race cousre?
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

happylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant future
Smile Re: meet up

14th May is good also .Anybody else want to come.Victoria park is very beautiful and the play park is huge.There is also nice walks. Might be a bit far for some but it will be a fun day. My friends will think it a bit odd that we are meeting up with people from the net. seeing as we never meet up with them
debi, yes, sounds good.

14th May, Victoria Park, Bath, 2pm? - couple of hours chit chat, exchange views and info. on all things Canadian.

Thanks Jez for the rain venue idea, I'll check out places near Victoria park in case the old British tradition of 'washed out events,' should occur....!

Anyone else want to come on board for this gig?

I know what you mean about internet meetings, but I guess we 'all have Visa applications' which makes us 'sterling people' with a common goal....and clean slate....no immediate plans to get arrested! LOL.

We are a family of 4. Our 2 children are 12 (son), 16 (daughter). But don't think they'll come to the meeting, as they're older and want to spend 'minimum time with adults....'

Been to Canada 3 times, Calgary,Canmore and Banff. Off again in March for a factfinder/holiday.

.....turned this message into a bit of a CV.

Best Regards.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of

debi, yes, sounds good.

14th May, Victoria Park, Bath, 2pm? - couple of hours chit chat, exchange views and info. on all things Canadian.

Thanks Jez for the rain venue idea, I'll check out places near Victoria park in case the old British tradition of 'washed out events,' should occur....!

Anyone else want to come on board for this gig?

I know what you mean about internet meetings, but I guess we 'all have Visa applications' which makes us 'sterling people' with a common goal....and clean slate....no immediate plans to get arrested! LOL.

We are a family of 4. Our 2 children are 12 (son), 16 (daughter). But don't think they'll come to the meeting, as they're older and want to spend 'minimum time with adults....'

Been to Canada 3 times, Calgary,Canmore and Banff. Off again in March for a factfinder/holiday.

.....turned this message into a bit of a CV.

Best Regards.

excellent.

Our 3 are Phillip 10,Aimee 8 and Mykol 7 hence the play park meet. Only been to Canada once but wanted to move before we even visited and even more once we had been there. Hope to go again this year.
Looking forward to meeting you
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: meet up

excellent.

Our 3 are Phillip 10,Aimee 8 and Mykol 7 hence the play park meet. Only been to Canada once but wanted to move before we even visited and even more once we had been there. Hope to go again this year.
Looking forward to meeting you
Cheers, debi & family. We can make contact nearer the time to finalise meeting place, etc. (will bring something Canadain for recognition, flag? pet bear might be out of the question...)

Best Regards.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future

Our 2 children are 12 (son), 16 (daughter). But don't think they'll come to the meeting, as they're older and want to spend 'minimum time with adults....'

We have a son (9) daughter (16) and son (19) and know what you mean about them not wanting to spend time with adults. It would be good to get all these teenagers to talk to each other, as I'm sure they all have the same worries about moving. I know there is something on this forum for teenagers, bit they don't seem to want to use it.

We are also hoping to move to Calgary.

Rachel
Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:33 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JezHarper
Get off your high horse , no one said you were backwards up in Scotland, no one was associating the Emigrate show ith just England and no one was precluding the Scots from coming down to Sandown or arranging their own meet at the SECC. The thread was started by Debi, who wanted to meet up with people at the Sandown show.
AHHEMM !!! NEWBIE !!!!!

I think your the one on your high horse

Looks like you have a distict lack of a sense of humour,

I dont remember anyone saying that we were backward, OHHH wait a minute it was me who said it, the jock himself

And I am just asking if anyone wants to meet up here in jock land, not to be hit with some verbal slang saying that I am being anti-English by saying that only the English have these shows.

Look at all my previous threads and you will see that I do have a sense of humour, not like a certain person on here who shall remain anonymous

OHHH BTW who sent you all back over the wall !!!!!!

Who kicked yer asses at the Battle of Bannockburn !!!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

AHHEMM !!! NEWBIE !!!!!
I don't think so, but you can think what you like

Looks like you have a distict lack of a sense of humour,
On the contrary, I have a very good sense of humour, but I also understand that in circumstances when the emotion of a statement can be interpretted in many ways, there is a need for emoticons (smilies). And YOU call ME a newbie

I dont remember anyone saying that we were backward, OHHH wait a minute it was me who said it, the jock himself
Yes, you did, and asuuming from the tone and lack of a smilie, it was judged to be a serious comment where you gave the impression that people had IMPLIED that was the case!

And I am just asking if anyone wants to meet up here in jock land, not to be hit with some verbal slang saying that I am being anti-English by saying that only the English have these shows.
I'm not quite sure how you got that from what I was saying. I was just stating that there was not anti-Scottish sentiment, and no English exclusivity (which would be daft anyway, as my wife is Irish )

Look at all my previous threads and you will see that I do have a sense of humour, not like a certain person on here who shall remain anonymous.
I don't doubt that for one minute. But use more smilies

OHHH BTW who sent you all back over the wall !!!!!!

Who kicked yer asses at the Battle of Bannockburn !!!!!!
Hmmm, You're assuming that I am English!

Nice use of the smilies in the last bit, you should probably have used more of them in your original post.

I have great respect for the Scots (unlike the English) but as they get associated with the English (if England do well it's England, if Scotland do well it's Britain) there is often statements made to show the separation. That it what I though you were saying.

My mistake, Sorry!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:18 am
Glasgow Rangers

Originally Posted by JezHarper
I don't think so, but you can think what you like

On the contrary, I have a very good sense of humour, but I also understand that in circumstances when the emotion of a statement can be interpretted in many ways, there is a need for emoticons (smilies). And YOU call ME a newbie

Yes, you did, and asuuming from the tone and lack of a smilie, it was judged to be a serious comment where you gave the impression that people had IMPLIED that was the case!

I'm not quite sure how you got that from what I was saying. I was just stating that there was not anti-Scottish sentiment, and no English exclusivity (which would be daft anyway, as my wife is Irish

I don't doubt that for one minute. But use more smilies

Hmmm, You're assuming that I am English!

Nice use of the smilies in the last bit, you should probably have used more of them in your original post.

I have great respect for the Scots (unlike the English) but as they get associated with the English (if England do well it's England, if Scotland do well it's Britain) there is often statements made to show the separation. That it what I though you were saying.

My mistake, Sorry!
Jez

I think we have all got off on the wrong foot here !!!

No anti-English or anti-Scots people on this forum

OHH BTW where are you from if your not from over the border

We are all just regular guys and gals wanting to get out of the UK and head over the big pond for a better life.

We are all seeking the eternal fountain of knowledge here on this forum !!!!

Yes I have a kind of a warped sense of humour, I need it where I work and what I do for a living !!

Lets start from the beginning !!!!!!!!

Eddie
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Jez

I think we have all got off on the wrong foot here !!!

No anti-English or anti-Scots people on this forum

OHH BTW where are you from if your not from over the border

We are all just regular guys and gals wanting to get out of the UK and head over the big pond for a better life.

We are all seeking the eternal fountain of knowledge here on this forum !!!!

Yes I have a kind of a warped sense of humour, I need it where I work and what I do for a living !!

Lets start from the beginning !!!!!!!!

Eddie
Hi Eddie,

I am (unfortunately) English, although I was born in Germany and lived there until I was 18, and regard myself as European rather than English / British
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:37 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

(will bring something Canadain for recognition, flag? pet bear might be out of the question...)
I always just flash my beaver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.