Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Media Fastclick Trojan Pop Ups

Media Fastclick Trojan Pop Ups

Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:43 pm
Living It!

saund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant future
Default Media Fastclick Trojan Pop Ups

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else using this forum, but every time I open up the Canada forum I get Media Fastclick pop-ups advertising various things. It's so annoying. I have all the latest virus software and updates and have done several scans to try to locate it on my computer but it doesn't find the virus. Now I was wondering if it has anything to do with the Brits Expats Forum? ...... as it only happens when I log in to the Forum, not from any other site. It's not even the case that I always look at this site first. Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Media Fastclick Trojan Pop Ups

Originally Posted by saund_cp
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else using this forum, but every time I open up the Canada forum I get Media Fastclick pop-ups advertising various things. It's so annoying. I have all the latest virus software and updates and have done several scans to try to locate it on my computer but it doesn't find the virus. Now I was wondering if it has anything to do with the Brits Expats Forum? ...... as it only happens when I log in to the Forum, not from any other site. It's not even the case that I always look at this site first. Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Thanks
I get that on some machines. Most have pop up stoppers but most of them pop up a message to say that the original pop up has been stopped which is hardly any better.

Last edited by dbd33; Dec 5th 2005 at 6:49 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
It is the BE forum, it has 1 popup message each time you access it. Nothing you can do about it.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:52 pm
Living It!

saund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
It is the BE forum, it has 1 popup message each time you access it. Nothing you can do about it.
Sorry for being thick..... BE Forum?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:53 pm
Living It!

Sorry just got it. British Expats Forum Duh
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:55 pm
Living It!

Okay so it's part of the forum. Does it still happen if you pay extra and upgrade and if it does - what cheek!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:55 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

If you dont like it, SUBSCRIBE!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/subscriptions.php
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:03 pm
Living It!

Originally Posted by iaink
Ok, ok, ok already..... I've coughed up!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:16 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
I use Firefox as my web browser rather than Internet Explorer and don't get any pop-ups from any sites.

The is also an add-on to Firefox called Adblock that can be added after installation.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Okay so it's part of the forum. Does it still happen if you pay extra and upgrade and if it does - what cheek!
I don't pay extra and I don't have any pop-ups from here Try messing with your security settings in your browser - you should have a pop-up blocking option.