Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Short rentals in Ottawa

Short rentals in Ottawa

Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:20 pm
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about
Default Short rentals in Ottawa

After applying for PR in March we have just had requests for passport now we really need to get our butts moving. Hope to be in Ottawa working in April/May 06 and would like to rent a 3/4 bed house for 6 months or less whilst we look for a house to buy. After speaking with realtors who came to the Emigrate Show in Sandown, Surrey they said we would not be able to find a short term rental, would probably have to rent for 12 months or more! Really dont want to do this as we want our own house. Does anybody know if you can do short [and I mean short, i.e. 1-6 months] rentals?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:47 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Short rentals in Ottawa

Originally Posted by Nickola
After applying for PR in March we have just had requests for passport now we really need to get our butts moving. Hope to be in Ottawa working in April/May 06 and would like to rent a 3/4 bed house for 6 months or less whilst we look for a house to buy. After speaking with realtors who came to the Emigrate Show in Sandown, Surrey they said we would not be able to find a short term rental, would probably have to rent for 12 months or more! Really dont want to do this as we want our own house. Does anybody know if you can do short [and I mean short, i.e. 1-6 months] rentals?
You can....................we sorted it all privately and negotiated a 3 month rental. It isn't the norm though, as understandably landlords want as long a rental as poss. The way we did it was.................kept in touch with a Realtor we met and had him send us info of local rentals that came up privately in the local paper, and we contacted them. The realtor was happy to help as he knew we were wanting to buy asap. We were lucky in that the condo we rented was owned by a lovely family who were interested in our emigration and felt like they wanted to be a part of our big adventure, so let us have 3 months, and month by month thereafter (but we didn't need any longer)