Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is it me or...

Is it me or...

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:41 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it me or...

Originally Posted by bananahammock
don't do offended & I definately was flat as a pancake!!
phew... and hope ur not feeling so flat anymore
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all

Ki,

Try not to worry ( I know easier said than done) but it is normal to panic and just before we came out I was in quite a "worry" mode....... and the first night we spent in Canada............. well suffice to say if someone had given me a ticket home I would have done it! AND REGRETTED IT!

The stress and worry are all part of the package and believe it or not....... once you are here you just get on with things and you wonder why you were so worried about it.

It is not the ends of the earth and the way you sort things out at home is the same way you sort things out here..... just with a different accent!

So try not to worry too much....... everyone is different and everyone has their own stress highs...... they should really called immigrants "stress monsters"!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Ki - I know what you mean about the negativity sometimes. I had to try and wean myself off BE a couple of weeks ago - my head was overloaded with information and opinions, I couldn't see the wood for the trees !

Didn't manage to stay off the site for very long, mind you, but have returned with a different 'head' on - am now calming down about lots of things I have no control over - and have got myself a little more organised on the admin front on those things I may have some control over.

Good luck with everything
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ki76
phew... and hope ur not feeling so flat anymore
It does worry me that your avatar is a shoe, and a fashion shoe at that. A very nice shoe, let me say, I dream of that type of shoe. Canada is a bit of a wasteland for shoes, whether you shop at Mark's Work Wearhouse or the TSC, all the shoes are much of a muchness. Bring lots but don't expect the locals to appreciate them.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:09 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

[QUOTE=dbd33] A very nice shoe, let me say, I dream of that type of shoe. QUOTE]

Something you wanna confess about who you like to be at the weekend then db
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Buchan6]
Originally Posted by dbd33
A very nice shoe, let me say, I dream of that type of shoe. QUOTE]

Something you wanna confess about who you like to be at the weekend then db

Oh, nothing weird there. I'm just an admirer. Of shoes. Of tall shoes on narrow heels. High heels. Heels that continue the line of the stocking seam. Heels that spear the planks of the floor and that could stab through the flesh of an admirer stretched out on the ground before the wearer ....... er, excuse me.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:49 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=dbd33]
Originally Posted by Buchan6

Oh, nothing weird there. I'm just an admirer. Of shoes. Of tall shoes on narrow heels. High heels. Heels that continue the line of the stocking seam. Heels that spear the planks of the floor and that could stab through the flesh of an admirer stretched out on the ground before the wearer ....... er, excuse me.
That's OK. Many people have fantasies like that about Belinda Stronach.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

[QUOTE=Souvenir]

That's OK. Many people have fantasies like that about Belinda Stronach.
Oh, the YAL does. It's really quite odd to be in bed with someone who is fantasizing about a Canadian politician.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:09 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=dbd33]
Originally Posted by Souvenir

Oh, the YAL does. It's really quite odd to be in bed with someone who is fantasizing about a Canadian politician.
Particularly one of the same gender.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 9:16 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

It does worry me that your avatar is a shoe, and a fashion shoe at that. A very nice shoe, let me say, I dream of that type of shoe. Canada is a bit of a wasteland for shoes, whether you shop at Mark's Work Wearhouse or the TSC, all the shoes are much of a muchness. Bring lots but don't expect the locals to appreciate them.
LOL, don't worry - I have plenty of shoes....and being a shoe type of gal I have already spied the decent stores and got the online ones all sorted

The locals will LOVE em