Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Marketing forums/blogs in Canada

Marketing forums/blogs in Canada

Old May 13th 2010, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of
Default Re: Marketing forums/blogs in Canada

Originally Posted by R I C H
Widely dispersed population, high costs of national implementation, apathy, less mature mobile device marketplace, less aggressive approach to investing in new technologies.

What's the 'amazing stuff'?
Canadian marketers are a wandering wondering tribe. Some are apathetic and less aggressive, but Id say most are just not creative, and unless ideas come from the USA (or France for the Quebec bunch) there's very little Canadian originality. The oft used excuse is 'multiculturalism' and diverse target demographics.....really just smoke and mirrors. Lots of self congratulations though.
Old May 13th 2010, 3:40 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Canadian marketers are a wandering wondering tribe. Some are apathetic and less aggressive, but Id say most are just not creative, and unless ideas come from the USA (or France for the Quebec bunch) there's very little Canadian originality. The oft used excuse is 'multiculturalism' and diverse target demographics.....really just smoke and mirrors. Lots of self congratulations though.
I think a lack of investment in the creative process has something to do with it, and there's little desire to be edgy or 'interesting' which means a lot of material is bland and generic. A great deal of creative follows the lead of the US too, which I think suffers from similar constraints.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:21 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
WTF?
Old May 13th 2010, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Souvy
WTF?
is that quebec french?