Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Marketing forums/blogs in Canada

Marketing forums/blogs in Canada

Old May 11th 2010, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all
Default Marketing forums/blogs in Canada

Hi all

I'm hoping that you can help me out... I've been looking for good marketing websites/blogrolls etc in Canada - but I haven't had a lot of luck thus far!

The sort of sites I use in the UK include:
http://www.thedrum.co.uk
http://www.brandrepublic.com/
http://www.wallblog.co.uk/

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great. I'm so desperate to move (although I can't just yet) but want to get in on the buzz!

Thank you ever so much
Old May 11th 2010, 12:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marketing forums/blogs in Canada

Perhaps you should subscribe to B2B Social Media Digest. I find it to be gibberish but it is of the same ilk as the sites linked. Here's a sample of the text:

"Effective business-to-business (B2B) social media is not just the latest "pretty face" in public relations (PR). It's also transformational technology with the potential to help company departments work better together -- operating in a united yet decentralized environment. Social media provides each area of the company with the power to interact with the outside world."
Old May 11th 2010, 2:05 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

http://tinyurl.com/2vzl9zd

<Ponders a wannabe Canadian Marketer who couldn't do that themselves>

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; May 11th 2010 at 2:10 am.
Old May 11th 2010, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
http://tinyurl.com/2vzl9zd

<Ponders a wannabe Canadian Marketer who couldn't do that themselves>
Thanks for that../. I did Google various terms but didn't come up with anything like the sites I linked - hence the question! Maybe it was because I was searching Canadian Google... One never knows - but the top 3 results on your link didn't appear on any of my searches....
Old May 11th 2010, 5:40 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW I don't think there is much in the way of uniquely 'Canadian' marketing (as a profession or blogs relating too...) but much of the US stuff will carry over. On the marketing courses I've done as part of my MBA here, we tend to look at US or even UK ones for interesting stuff!
Old May 11th 2010, 5:54 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

'People enter the marketing profession after they realize that they have grown up without any particular skills.'
Dilbert.

I've found marketing here to be conservative, lacking in innovation and at least 5yrs behind the UK in terms of technical/digital application.

Last edited by R I C H; May 11th 2010 at 5:58 am.
Old May 11th 2010, 5:57 am
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by R I C H
'People enter the marketing profession after they realize that they have grown up without any particular skills.'
Dilbert.

I've fund marketing here to be conservative, lacking in innovation and at least 5yrs behind the UK in terms of technical/digital application.
I could take that phrase and apply it to Supply Chain stuff too..........
Old May 11th 2010, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Dilbert.

I've found marketing here to be conservative, lacking in innovation and at least 5yrs behind the UK in terms of technical/digital application.
Interesting... Although that could suggest the field's open for someone to comeand 'make a mark'?
Old May 12th 2010, 2:32 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I could take that phrase and apply it to Supply Chain stuff too..........
But not consulting, obviously.
Old May 12th 2010, 3:31 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornfedapache
Interesting... Although that could suggest the field's open for someone to comeand 'make a mark'?
I don't think so. Consumer behaviour, technology infrastructure and the lag that mobile technology seems to suffer from inhibit innovation and demand for 'making a mark'.

I was invited to a presentation from a supplier a couple of weeks ago, as they were launching their latest and greatest digital marketing suite. It was years behind many applications I'd implemented in Europe and lacking in what I'd consider fairly basic and essential functionality, but here it's seen as cutting edge. It was only a d/base marketing app with a pretty front end.
Old May 12th 2010, 4:09 am
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by Souvy
But not consulting, obviously.
Dunno. Do you consider yourself a Canadian consultant or a UK one then?
Old May 12th 2010, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Dilbert.

True...BUT dont indicate or tell a Canadian that, or you will feel a severe cold wind from the profession here.
Old May 13th 2010, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

I don't think so. Consumer behaviour, technology infrastructure and the lag that mobile technology seems to suffer from inhibit innovation and demand for 'making a mark'.
Why is that? What's the root cause? I was hunting around the net recently and found some amazing stuff that had come out of Canada, marketing/advertising wise...
Old May 13th 2010, 3:25 am
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by Cornfedapache
Why is that? What's the root cause? I was hunting around the net recently and found some amazing stuff that had come out of Canada, marketing/advertising wise...
Widely dispersed population, high costs of national implementation, apathy, less mature mobile device marketplace, less aggressive approach to investing in new technologies.

What's the 'amazing stuff'?
Old May 13th 2010, 3:28 am
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
True...BUT dont indicate or tell a Canadian that, or you will feel a severe cold wind from the profession here.
I spend half my working week trying to drag colleagues into this century with regard to working practices and innovations. Passive acceptance isn't my thing, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.