Manitoba?

Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:42 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: Manitoba?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just to check, you've said that you and your girlfriend only have a house to give up, but do you live together and have you done so for a year or more?

Well done, hope that you convince them to apply for LMO for you and you get it. As you're young, free and childless, a TWP will be a great way for you to get over there imo.
Hi, we have been together for 7 years and 6 months and we have a mortgage together but we have never married. Im young? Cheers I am 38 and my girlfriend is 31 hee hee.

Last edited by vettemaster; Jun 29th 2010 at 5:45 am.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi, we have been together for 7 years and 6 months and we have a mortgage together but we have never married.
Cool, just wanted to check that she'd qualify as your 'common-law spouse' and could therefore accompany you on your Temp Work Permit (or any other visa you get).

Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:54 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Cool, just wanted to check that she'd qualify as your 'common-law spouse' and could therefore accompany you on your Temp Work Permit (or any other visa you get).

How do you prove this then? is it done by the mortgage or bank account info? etc
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:02 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Yes, if you get a job offer you can apply under several routes. Most employers won't be prepared to wait the year or so it'll take you to get PR, so most people with job offers go out on a Temp Work Permit first and then upgrade to PR either as a Skilled Worker (federal program) or the province's PNP (either Manitoba, or any other province as they all have PNP's).

Good luck!
Hi, Just an update to let you know that I have had a reply from the Employer today as follows :

"Yes, this is a permanent position.

Let me know when you are able to get Visa / Work permit, we currently have NO chance of getting any new LMO’s.

Best Regards,"

So now what route do I take? Surely I cant get a work permit unless they offer me the position?
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So now what route do I take? Surely I cant get a work permit unless they offer me the position?
You're right, unfortunately you need the LMO before being able to apply for the TWP. Although if they've already been advertising the job nationally for a month then they should stand a good chance of getting the LMO? May be worth trying to convince them?

The only other possibility is that they apply for an Arranged Employment Option so that you can apply for Permanent Residency, but they'd need to be prepared to wait a year or so for you to be able to start work and I don't know if that is an option?

Unfortunately, we see this quite a lot - job offers are relatively easy to come by, but finding an employer prepared to go through the extra paperwork/hassle/wait for you is not so easy and often when they realise what's involved the job offer mysteriously disappears. LMO's are very hard to obtain at the moment given the current economic climate. That's why I was surprised to see this thread asking about living in Manitoba before you'd got the job!

What does your girlfriend do? (apologies if you've said before, I can't recall)

And did you have a particular province in mind or would you consider any of them?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 29th 2010 at 6:43 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 3:43 am
B.E.Enthusiast

You're right, unfortunately you need the LMO before being able to apply for the TWP. Although if they've already been advertising the job nationally for a month then they should stand a good chance of getting the LMO? May be worth trying to convince them?

The only other possibility is that they apply for an Arranged Employment Option so that you can apply for Permanent Residency, but they'd need to be prepared to wait a year or so for you to be able to start work and I don't know if that is an option?

Unfortunately, we see this quite a lot - job offers are relatively easy to come by, but finding an employer prepared to go through the extra paperwork/hassle/wait for you is not so easy and often when they realise what's involved the job offer mysteriously disappears. LMO's are very hard to obtain at the moment given the current economic climate. That's why I was surprised to see this thread asking about living in Manitoba before you'd got the job!

What does your girlfriend do? (apologies if you've said before, I can't recall)

And did you have a particular province in mind or would you consider any of them?
Hi, My girlfriend is an Administrator for the NHS and has been for over 5 years now. She does have a diploma in Business studies and has PA experience too. She has found it hard to find jobs while looking this weekend to fit her ideal salary and working hours.
I was going to phone the employer I have been emailing with regards to the LMO topic but dont want to seem to pushy!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:01 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

She has found it hard to find jobs while looking this weekend to fit her ideal salary and working hours.
To a large degree she needs to forget about those concerns - getting a foot in the door somewhere is more important.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:25 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R I C H
To a large degree she needs to forget about those concerns - getting a foot in the door somewhere is more important.
Ok point taken! I will pass the message on. Where will she find jobs that support LMO application? Do I phone my potential employer about why they cant get LMO's or just leave it. I don't think they understand that I cant get a TWP without and LMO or they know something I don't
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I think it's definitely worth a phone call to the employer - if you read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki, you'll see that personal contact is very important, so a phone call is more likely to get a result than just emails.

Give them a quick call and talk them through the process and you never know, they may go for it. Do also highlight the fact that it doesn't cost them anything to apply for a LMO.

You've actually been incredibly lucky so far even getting anybody to correspond with you - there are people on the forum that have been job hunting in Canada for a year or two and still haven't got anywhere, so the fact that they responded to your first job application is almost unheard of! Definitely worth pursuing I think, just one phone call won't harm.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi vettemaster.

Have sent you a personnel message "PM". Check it out.
Cheers
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:25 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Hi, Any providence will be considered as long as its nice and hot in the summer and they have proper snow in the winter

Last edited by vettemaster; Jun 30th 2010 at 5:38 am.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:31 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Any providence will be considered as long as its nice and hot in the summer and they have proper snow in the winter
Rhode Island is not in Canada although religious comfort can be found in many places.

Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:13 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Well tried calling the employers office and the assistant told me the manager concerned is out of office and no one will be there tomorrow as it is Canada Day tomorrow (july 1st). You learn something new everyday
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

lol Canada Day is a very important event..everything is closed for that occasion

If the employer absolutely don't want to bother with LMO (lot have been frustrated as there are lot of conditions to it..not only advertising), try to find out in which area of Wpg the company is. You could then try to find the economic development association/organization that works in that quarter and see if they have any knowledge about the immigration process. Worse case scenario u have to lecture them .
I don't know if it works for the city of Winnipeg...but in rural MB you can with community support/economic development corporations or similar apply to the strategic stream. You would have to do an exploratory visit though beforehand with an interview with PNP officer at the end of the visit (visit/interview need to be authorized ahead of time from them). Look at the details at the MB immigration website and see if it would fit for you.
Time frame for that route is about 4 month from handing in the paperwork (which you can do at the end of a positive interview, if you have it properly prepared), you then can get your WP at the port of entry.. with your nomination and a letter of support from PNP and a job offer. No LMO needed for that route...but not done from one day to the other either.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manitobain
lol Canada Day is a very important event..everything is closed for that occasion

If the employer absolutely don't want to bother with LMO (lot have been frustrated as there are lot of conditions to it..not only advertising), try to find out in which area of Wpg the company is. You could then try to find the economic development association/organization that works in that quarter and see if they have any knowledge about the immigration process. Worse case scenario u have to lecture them .
I don't know if it works for the city of Winnipeg...but in rural MB you can with community support/economic development corporations or similar apply to the strategic stream. You would have to do an exploratory visit though beforehand with an interview with PNP officer at the end of the visit (visit/interview need to be authorized ahead of time from them). Look at the details at the MB immigration website and see if it would fit for you.
Time frame for that route is about 4 month from handing in the paperwork (which you can do at the end of a positive interview, if you have it properly prepared), you then can get your WP at the port of entry.. with your nomination and a letter of support from PNP and a job offer. No LMO needed for that route...but not done from one day to the other either.
This is the route that we are going down at the moment. I have to say that the economic development officers that we are in contact with cannot do enough for us.
Our visit and interview at the end of August

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.