Wikiposts

Manitoba?

Old Jun 24th 2010, 3:52 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Lightbulb Manitoba?

Hi, I have been looking at Winnipeg, Manitoba, as there is a skilled workers job there available in my profession. Has anyone been to Manitoba and can tell me what it is like there to live and work?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 4:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba?

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi, I have been looking at Winnipeg, Manitoba, as there is a skilled workers job there available in my profession. Has anyone been to Manitoba and can tell me what it is like there to live and work?
Have you got the job then? I thought you'd only applied for it yesterday!

If you do a search of the forum you'll find loads of previous threads on Winnipeg.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 4:48 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

If you do a search of the forum you'll find loads of previous threads on Winnipeg.
He he I wish I did have the job that fast . I am just doing some digging around on Winnipeg as that is where the job will be. It looks like a very big place as I am trying to look at houses and there price ranges, but there are so many areas to choose from
Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

For housing in Winnipeg checkout COMFREE WINNIPEG. I find its easier to use than many realtor sites.
There is also a post on page 2 called "Winnipeg or bust" that seemed to get plenty of replies.
We are off to Manitoba in 8 weeks for our recce. Can't wait.
Good luck
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

[QUOTE=vettemaster;8654530]Hi, I have been looking at Winnipeg, Manitoba, as there is a skilled workers job there available in my profession. Has anyone been to Manitoba and can tell me what it is like there to live and work?[/QUOTE

Personally I don’t like Winnipeg. The city centre is a bit of a dive. I’m a truck driver so I go there a lot. I think its because I’m not really a city living person though. What I will say about Winnipeg is it has the coldest weather and for the longest too through winter. We have much better weather here in New Brunswick.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:11 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Results of simple search for Winnipeg Manitoba.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=2318801
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

if you tell us what you like to do and what you hope to find in the peg some of us might be able to advise you whether its a good fit for you

but.... Winnipeg is an easy place to live, its very convenient when compared to the UK, it does have issues, you nee to embrace the cold winter and get out and enjoy it - the summer is plagued by mozzies. Avoid downtown if you can, most of the suburbs are dreary tbh, but the area around academy and wellington cres is pretty nice

have a look at:http://www.winnipegrealestatenews.com for an idea about property
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:21 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

So after work what else do you do?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:55 am
Just Joined

gillterry is an unknown quantity at this point

my brother lives in Neepawa manitoba, we visited a couple of years ago in Nov. Very cold and for 'townies' a big culture shock, also obviously very cold although unlike UK snow did not stop nomal life.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:35 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Lightbulb Re: Manitoba?

Originally Posted by gillterry
my brother lives in Neepawa manitoba, we visited a couple of years ago in Nov. Very cold and for 'townies' a big culture shock, also obviously very cold although unlike UK snow did not stop nomal life.
I have noticed that they say in the summer in Manitoba, its a hot summer and they get alot of sun all year round?
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

I have noticed that they say in the summer in Manitoba, its a hot summer and they get alot of sun all year round?
Yes its one of the sunniest places in north america. Unfortunately that means in the winter that it's one of the coldest (no clouds to keep us warm).
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

winter in south mb not really that bad ,its cold but you dress for it.in the summer really warm ...but the mossies, not nice.. buy a garden mossie killer, and a gazeboo . sorted..lol
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamesmc
winter in south mb not really that bad ,its cold but you dress for it.in the summer really warm ...but the mossies, not nice.. buy a garden mossie killer, and a gazeboo . sorted..lol
i'd agree with that, i find winter less unpleasant than the height of summer, with the humidity, and critters
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:12 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamesmc
We suffer with little mosquitos real bad here in Somerset. Me and my girlfreind are always getting bitten bad here! What size are the mossies there? Does the spray on repellant work like the ones they use in the USA?
We had to spray ourselves while in Clearwater this year as we were told the mossies were bad there too!

Also some say Manitoba is quite flat on the land? How does it compare to Florida?
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

We suffer with little mosquitos real bad here in Somerset. Me and my girlfreind are always getting bitten bad here! What size are the mossies there? Does the spray on repellant work like the ones they use in the USA?
We had to spray ourselves while in Clearwater this year as we were told the mossies were bad there too!

Also some say Manitoba is quite flat on the land? How does it compare to Florida?
this year they are the size of Bees (seriously) you need to use top strength DEET (watkins would be my preferred brand)

manitoba is flat especially around wpg - you could watch your dog run away for at least 3 days. In no other way could you compare it to florida, its a very long way from the sea(but I'm guessing you know that!), although it does have sandy beaches around the lake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.