Reload this Page >

Manc plumbers in Nova Scotia

Manc plumbers in Nova Scotia

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:41 am
Just Joined

cath999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manc plumbers in Nova Scotia

Hello Everyone

Hubby and I are looking to move to Nova Scotia. Hubby is plumber/Corgi gas fitter with 15 years exp and runs his own plumbing company here in Manchester. What sort of work is in Nova Scotia - any ideas on where to apply for plumbing jobs?

PS are the winters cold in NS? Starting to hear some horror stories!

Thanks

Catherine
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:40 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manc plumbers in Nova Scotia

Does this help? only found four I'm not sure where else to look but at least I have bumped the question back up to the top.

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/JobResult_e...ent&Student=No
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Homegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant future

Cath999:

NS has recently began laying in gas pipelines on a fairly large scale and
there will be a lot of conversions to gas from oil in the future. It's started
now for large commercial users and in new housing subdivisions. This means that there should be opportunities for experienced gas fitters. Don't know about plumbing as a lot of that work is dependant on new construction activity.

I don't know if the CORGI certification is recognized here but it would be an assett. Contact Heritage Gas.

NS winters are mild by Canadian standards but much colder than the UK.
If you are looking for tropical weather NS may not be the place for you.

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

There is a large depend for plumbers here people have to wait months to get anything done.

The winters are much milder than I thought and minus 6 on the Pennines would be like minus 15 here. It is much dryer here some that makes a difference. The coldest it got where we are on the North Shore was minus 18 last year. The coldest I have experienced was the previous year on the bridge from PEI at minus 35 and it was not that cold. I could drive with the window down looking out onto the frozen sea below and I hated the cold in the UK. Our daughter suffered with pneumonia each winter and ended up in hospital every time for a couple of weeks. We bought her here in January 3yrs ago to see if the winters here would have less effect on her lungs. She never even came down with a cold and she is now a normal healthy child.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homegrown
I don't know if the CORGI certification is recognized here but it would be an assett. Contact Heritage Gas.

NS winters are mild by Canadian standards but much colder than the UK.
If you are looking for tropical weather NS may not be the place for you.

Hope that helps.
Hi huns

Woudl think that a Red Seal exam would have to be taken by your OH as over here most tradesmen have to take this exam to get qualified - people usually do it within 6 months of starting work here.

Do a forum search for Red Seal and you could very well find something out there.

HTH - from another Manc

Gaynor
x