Wikiposts

Lost PR Card

Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of
Default Lost PR Card

So, my teenage son has lost his PR card.
We fly to Scotland in 6 weeks, so I have been advised by immigration that a priority application can be made and the card could be issued within 30 days. Fedex is a wonderful company!!

My worry is that this card will not get back to us in time. Does anyone have any idea on how we would get him back through the country if we do not have a PR card.
I believe we can do a one off entry through the Canadian Embassy but worry that that this is only applicable in London.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost PR Card

Originally Posted by keznjj
We fly to Scotland in 6 weeks, so I have been advised by immigration that a priority application can be made and the card could be issued within 30 days. Fedex is a wonderful company!!

My worry is that this card will not get back to us in time. Does anyone have any idea on how we would get him back through the country if we do not have a PR card.
I believe we can do a one off entry through the Canadian Embassy but worry that that this is only applicable in London.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792082

Same thing as here different country.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ge.aspx?view=d
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Read this link if you haven't already.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...processing.asp

There again you could tell him he cant go back if he can't look after his stuff LOL.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:37 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Read this link if you haven't already.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...processing.asp

There again you could tell him he cant go back if he can't look after his stuff LOL.
Maybe he does not want to go back lol
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of

@ Former aLancastrian, yes the thought has crossed my mind, but it would ruin the holiday for me if he does'nt come so selfish reasons makes me panic.

I have applied for the replacement priority card so fingers crossed it will come through. The links above do not offer much information really. I was hoping someone has actually done this and can offer their advice.

Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

@ Former aLancastrian, yes the thought has crossed my mind, but it would ruin the holiday for me if he does'nt come so selfish reasons makes me panic.

I have applied for the replacement priority card so fingers crossed it will come through. The links above do not offer much information really. I was hoping someone has actually done this and can offer their advice.

Thanks
I have done it.

The links are what I used to do it...

Basically you have 3 options.

1.) go to london in person and get the travel document on the same day (takes about 6 hours - need to be in the building quite early in the day).
2.) Mail the application they say it takes about 5 days.
3.) Do nothing and hope that you don't have problems boarding the return flight.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

dg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to all

I left mine at home when I made a recent trip back to the UK. I was asked about it in the UK and told reimmigrating wouldn't be an issue (it wasn't) as I was a UK passport holder so I could enter without a visa or anything like that anyway, though they suggested there may be a small fine at the Canadian end (there wasn't).

I got to Canadian immigration, grovelled, apologised and admitted to feeling like a complete idiot for forgetting to take it with me, which probably amused them. I had to go to another area of immigration and get my passport stamped but then I was in without any problems (this was at Toronto-Pearson).

So I THINK he would get away with the trip without his PR card; I did.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:10 am
Just Joined

adm62 is an unknown quantity at this point

My first post.

I lost mine (or it was stolen) last year. Keep a copy of your application for a new one. Also contact the immigration people with flight details showing that you are leaving Canada and need priority treatment.

However if you do not get one in time, it won't be a problem. I travelled into Canada twice without mine, first time I had to go to immigration where I showed them my application details. They checked on their computer and let me in, the 2nd time I just came straight in as normal.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adm62
My first post.

I lost mine (or it was stolen) last year. Keep a copy of your application for a new one. Also contact the immigration people with flight details showing that you are leaving Canada and need priority treatment.

However if you do not get one in time, it won't be a problem. I travelled into Canada twice without mine, first time I had to go to immigration where I showed them my application details. They checked on their computer and let me in, the 2nd time I just came straight in as normal.
I think I may follow your lead in a couple of weeks - whats the worst that can happen ?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

My son did the same thing a couple of weeks before we were due to fly to Hawaii. We just took a copy of our record of landing for him and got a bit of a grilling coming back through customs at Vancouver.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies guys I do not feel so stressed about it now.

adm62 your first post was pretty good
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:46 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
I think I may follow your lead in a couple of weeks - whats the worst that can happen ?
The snapping sounds that rubber gloves make as the BO puts them on?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
The snapping sounds that rubber gloves make as the BO puts them on?
Will have to risk it I think - My wife isn't overly impressed with the fact I didn't apply for it in November when I was supposed to
Old Mar 28th 2013, 5:43 am
Just Joined

adm62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys I do not feel so stressed about it now.

adm62 your first post was pretty good
why, thank you.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 5:47 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes kids just suck the life right out of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.