Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking for a good moneysaving website!

Looking for a good moneysaving website!

Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:51 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Looking for a good moneysaving website!

Is anyone familiar with Martin Lewis' 'Moneysaving expert website' in the UK? well, I was wondering if there is an equivalent of it in Canada?

Hope someone can help as I love a bargain! and am hoping to keep being frugal when I get there!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:56 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a good moneysaving website!

This has been discussed before.

The problem with Canada is that its not one market, each province and territory has differing laws and taxes pertaining to business, the markets are limited by a small population and vast distances.

The greater Toronto or Vancouver areas might be able to do something online, but I doubt the economy of scale is there.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Vladeastasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
This has been discussed before.

The problem with Canada is that its not one market, each province and territory has differing laws and taxes pertaining to business, the markets are limited by a small population and vast distances.

The greater Toronto or Vancouver areas might be able to do something online, but I doubt the economy of scale is there.
Why is it like that? thats strange considering they share the same flag and are on the same landmass
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Free stuff and coupons
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:04 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks oink,

It don't take much to make me happy!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:12 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greentea3
Thanks oink,

It don't take much to make me happy!
I got a weeks supply of granola bars for free and I don't even like them.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:22 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.redflagdeals.com
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:35 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vladeastasia
Why is it like that? thats strange considering they share the same flag and are on the same landmass
Its the biggest mistake everyone from the UK makes when coming to Canada.

In Britain the Government is from the top down.

Here its from the bottom up.

Your most important government is the City/Municipality that you live in closely followed and interconnected with your Provincial Government.

Police/Education/Health Care/Property Law + loads more, are all at the local/provincial level, and vary greatly from province to province, and even city to city within a province.

The federal government (Canada) has very little impact on your day to day life.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 12:26 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Didn't realise you were a bit of a Norbert Colon on the quiet...

Not that there's anything wrong with being careful!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Didn't realise you were a bit of a Norbert Colon on the quiet...

Not that there's anything wrong with being careful!
I'm careful, that's all.