Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking for the answers to a bunch of questions

Looking for the answers to a bunch of questions

Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for the answers to a bunch of questions

I have a ton of questions about various visa types and I'd really like to talk about each one in a Q&A way, perhaps over the phone/skype/facetime. The forum format is incredibly useful but I'd really like to talk to someone about this stuff. I'm looking for someone here who has a good understanding of the various CIC visas, who'd be willing to have a 30-45 min conversation with me about them. I know I could talk to a lawyer but I feel like someone that's really delved into the visas themselves probably knows just as much.

Is anyone open for helping me out? There could even be some sort of consultancy fee in it for you.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:09 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for the answers to a bunch of questions

Originally Posted by yeastery
I have a ton of questions about various visa types and I'd really like to talk about each one in a Q&A way, perhaps over the phone/skype/facetime. The forum format is incredibly useful but I'd really like to talk to someone about this stuff. I'm looking for someone here who has a good understanding of the various CIC visas, who'd be willing to have a 30-45 min conversation with me about them. I know I could talk to a lawyer but I feel like someone that's really delved into the visas themselves probably knows just as much.

Is anyone open for helping me out? There could even be some sort of consultancy fee in it for you.

Thanks!
This wouldn't be allowed unless they are a member of the regulatory body - http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm - I suggest you read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ve/rep-who.asp

Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
This wouldn't be allowed unless they are a member of the regulatory body - http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm - I suggest you read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ve/rep-who.asp

Oh wow, even if they don't act on their behalf? Why do these rules exist? I"m not holding anyone liable for my application result.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yeastery
Oh wow, even if they don't act on their behalf? Why do these rules exist? I"m not holding anyone liable for my application result.
Yes, even if they don't act on your behalf - if you pay them then it would be against the law.

It is to protect you from unscrupulous people.

Just post your questions in the forum and I am sure people will do their best to offer you advice (free!).

Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:49 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

You should write the questions down listing 1 to 10 or whatever and wait for some one to answer, that way you may get answers to a few questions from each BE member who knows about that specific topic.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Ok thanks for the advice. I guess I am just craving a conversation with a human about all this (I find reading up about it difficult to stomach - all these impersonal paragraphs dictating your future plans). But maybe I will just come up with a list of question. Thanks!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 6:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you're willing to pay a fee to a forum member without any immigration qualifications (which as Siouxie said, wouldn't be allowed anyway), then why not just pay for a consultation with an immi lawyer/consultant?

Most will do an hours consult for around $200-300.