Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Longing for snow...

Longing for snow...

Old Oct 30th 2004, 8:51 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Longing for snow...

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
That's why we didn't want to live in BC ....
Kelowna's climate is much better than Calgary's.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

lots of sun in Dartmouth this weekend and it must be about 14c!!
Although this morning it was a real eye opener going to the hockey rink.....brrrrr!
Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
lots of sun in Dartmouth this weekend and it must be about 14c!!
Although this morning it was a real eye opener going to the hockey rink.....brrrrr!
You had to get up early? On my last morning in Canada my cousin took his son to hockey practice at 5.30 am.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:16 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Kelowna's climate is much better than Calgary's.
The absence of major business is a factor ... some of us haven't retired yet

Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:23 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
The absence of major business is a factor ... some of us haven't retired yet
Well that's true. In August I drove through Kelowna on the way to Calgary. It was 99 deg. F in Kelowna, but only in the mid 50's in Calgary - I nearly froze my butt off. I told you guys in Alberta that the last few years have seen warmer summers than normal because of the drought. This year the drought ended and you paid the price with much cooler weather.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Oct 30th 2004 at 10:38 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:07 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Well that's true. In August I drove through Kelowna on the way to Calgary. It was 99 deg. F in Kelowna, but only in the mid 50's in Calgary - I nearly froze my butt off. I told you guys in Alberta that the last few years have seen warmer summers than normal because of the draught. This year the draught ended and you paid the price with much cooler weather.
It was still warmer than the weather we're used to in the UK ... personally I wouldn't want to live somewhere that gets any warmer in summer than Calgary does.

Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

retrobloke is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by willmore
Even snow would be better than the wind/rain storm we're currently experiencing.....sunshine.....what's that? disappeared days ago.......forecast for the nex 5 days....rain, rain and more rain......where is that damn snow when you need it.......
Willmore,

I don't know where in Victoria you live but I have seen the live webcams in Victoria harbour area, and it has been sunny all day today.

Perhaps this is your cunning ploy to stop other people coming to Vancouver island.??

Cheers
Retrobloke
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by retrobloke
Willmore,

I don't know where in Victoria you live but I have seen the live webcams in Victoria harbour area, and it has been sunny all day today.

Perhaps this is your cunning ploy to stop other people coming to Vancouver island.??

Cheers
Retrobloke
heheh....maybe you need to clean those old glasses....because we had a terrible rain/wind storm and very cloudy...until about 11am....a little sun.....then very cloudy.....it has just been in the past 1/2 hour that we got sun again and been down at the beach.......still very very windy. We life in the Fairfield area of Victoria.....but the harbour can be sunny and we have clouds......who knows......

But it's true....it my cunning plot to discourage people from moving here........hehehe
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Willmore,

Cheers
Retrobloke
Are you planning on moving to Vancouver Island or Victoria? Can you give me the website for the Victoria - can't seem to find it......and don't let a little sun fool you.....we get alot of rain/wind during the fall/winter.....It fan be sunny in one part of Victoria and cloudy/rain in another area
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Willmore,

Cheers
Retrobloke
Can you give me the website for the webcab? Don't let a little bit of sunshine fool you....we get terrible rain/wind storms in Victoria during the fall/winer.....are you moving to the Island or Victoria.....still Paradise....though...no matter what the weather.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

retrobloke is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by willmore
Can you give me the website for the webcab? Don't let a little bit of sunshine fool you....we get terrible rain/wind storms in Victoria during the fall/winer.....are you moving to the Island or Victoria.....still Paradise....though...no matter what the weather.
Hi Willmore

The website for the webcam is http://www.pullmancanada.net/cam.html
Also try this one http://www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/visit-museum/webcam.html

his site also has some webcams on it. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/1102/webcams.html

We have only recently applied for PR, so we have a long wait ahead but we hope to settle in Nanaimo eventually.

We have friends in Campbell River and have visited most places on the Island.
Victoria is a very nice place.

Cheers
Retrobloke
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE

Hey - thanks for that....we have a beautiful sunny but chilly day today...so that Royal BC Museum cam isn't correct.

Well, best of luck to you and your family.....anywhere on the Island is really a beautiful place to raise a family.....keep in touch

[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

The images that you seems to see on the webcams must be shot last year and "broadcasted" now.....